News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Have you heard about...? (Politics edition)

Started by VDB, November 30, 2010, 10:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zimbra

Quote from: antelope19 on April 22, 2014, 11:22:18 AM
Unbelievable......

http://www.exposingthetruth.co/oklahoma-moves-punish-people-generate-power/#axzz2zd32OqZC

Fallin is an embarrassment.  Supposedly the tax will only hit new consumers of self-generated electricity that are selling their excess power back to the grid.  The people who already had small windmills and solar panels installed and hooked into the grid are grandfathered in and are tax exempt.  Also, the tax is only going after home use that are using "small" turbines but the large-farm size turbines are not taxed which makes no sense to me.  Still, its stone-age thinking here.  I bet Fallin scores some plush chair position at OG&E when she is no longer Governor. 

This is bad but the minimum wage policy she signed in last week was even worse.   :shakehead:
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VDB

Where is the fee money supposed to go? Back to the utility? If so, why wouldn't they just pay less for the generated power? To the state? If so, to what purpose?
Is this still Wombat?

emay

ive been following that story. there are still a lotta states out there with some backwards thinking.

zimbra

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on April 22, 2014, 12:28:55 PM
Where is the fee money supposed to go? Back to the utility? If so, why wouldn't they just pay less for the generated power? To the state? If so, to what purpose?

With the little research I did on the issue it seems the utility companies & the state are using the money on infrastructure... At least that's what they are claiming as reasoning behind it. 
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VDB

If infrastructure is so damn important then they should ask everyone who benefits from it to share the costs.
Is this still Wombat?

twatts

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on April 22, 2014, 10:31:19 PM
If infrastructure is so damn important then they should ask everyone who benefits from it to share the costs.

More poignantly, why should those that contribute back to the Grid be taxed more than the normal consumer???  Oh right, b/c they don't have to pay an "electric bill"...  Fuck the OKGOP!  "Energy Independence" my ass!

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will

zimbra

Quote from: twatts on April 23, 2014, 12:46:08 AM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on April 22, 2014, 10:31:19 PM

More poignantly, why should those that contribute back to the Grid be taxed more than the normal consumer???  Oh right, b/c they don't have to pay an "electric bill"...  Fuck the OKGOP!  "Energy Independence" my ass!

Terry
Correct, makes no sense at all.  My biggest problem here is with my state officials.  It's just bad politics.  We all know the OKGOP is completely screwed up but damn....hide your incompetence more than this. 
- Trey Anastasio

twatts

Quote from: zimbra on April 23, 2014, 02:12:40 AM
hide your incompetence more than this.

The best that money can buy... 

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will

mbw

Whoops!  I, for one, am shocked by Mr. Bundy's views on race, because nutty right winger libertarians usually never have this type of mindset.

http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire/204259-republicans-slam-bundys-comments-about-black-people

Quote"I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro," the rancher told a group of about 50 supporters. He began describing a housing project he had seen in North Las Vegas, which he said was occupied entirely by African Americans.
"And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?" he said, as quoted by the Times. "They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton.

"And I've often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn't get no more freedom. They got less freedom."

emay

well after reading that, I think fed troops should just blown him and his posse of supporters to hell

avg IQ rate in NV would have went up a couple points

twatts

Quote from: mbw on April 24, 2014, 12:40:52 PM
Whoops!  I, for one, am shocked by Mr. Bundy's views on race, because nutty right winger libertarians usually never have this type of mindset.

http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire/204259-republicans-slam-bundys-comments-about-black-people

Quote"I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro," the rancher told a group of about 50 supporters. He began describing a housing project he had seen in North Las Vegas, which he said was occupied entirely by African Americans.
"And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?" he said, as quoted by the Times. "They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton.

"And I've often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn't get no more freedom. They got less freedom."

Shocked, I tell you!  Shocked!   :roll:

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will

ytowndan

Quote from: twatts on April 24, 2014, 01:50:55 PM
Quote from: mbw on April 24, 2014, 12:40:52 PM

Shocked, I tell you!  Shocked!   :roll:

Terry

Seriously!  He seemed like such a nice guy!
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

twatts

----------------------

I want super-human will

whatthecello42

The Christian Party

Darrell Trigg for President 2016

(not satire, apparently)

http://www.darrelltriggforpresident.com/campaign-platform/

The Christian Party: Campaign Platform [excerpts]

Separation of Church and State will be changed to the Union of Church and State... The national religion of The United States of America will be the Christian religion...

The Bible will be a standard required subject in all public schools and universities, for all grades , the same as English and Math.
Each day of school will begin with prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance. ...

Homosexuality will not be recognized legally, or in any other manner, by the United States government or any state, city, or county government.

The legal drinking age will be increased to 25 for any alcoholic beverage. Alcohol will not be allowed on university campuses.

A couple wishing to get married must first attend Christian marriage counseling classes.

Divorce will only be allowed in cases of abuse, infidelity, or incarceration.

The penalties for abuse and infidelity will include large fines and jail time.

No show or movie will be allowed on T.V. systems or computer systems accessible by homes that contain nudity, strong sexual content, excessive foul language, blasphemy, or any form of homosexuality.