News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

converse29

Right now I'm checking out "Inside Man". This is Spike Lee's latest movie with Denzel Washington. Not bad but not great(I've already seen this but I'm watching it with some friends right now who haven't). I liked Mo Better Blues more. How about the rest of the crew?

:beers:

xanadux3

the best movie ever:

The Big Lebowski

I have deff watched this movie more times than any other movie I have ever seen. Every time I watch this movie it gets funnier.
and shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite

converse29

Quote from: xanadux3 on August 12, 2006, 10:22:04 PM
the best movie ever:

The Big Lebowski

I have deff watched this movie more times than any other movie I have ever seen. Every time I watch this movie it gets funnier.
I love that movie. The dude abides. :clap:

Marmar

The Kentucky Fried Movie.....

if you don't know....get it and watch it......same people that made Airplane......

opening line of the movie:

News Anchor sitting at a news desk:
The popcorn you are eating has been pissed in, film at 11.....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

converse29

Quote from: Marmar on August 12, 2006, 10:38:14 PM
The Kentucky Fried Movie.....

if you don't know....get it and watch it......same people that made Airplane......

opening line of the movie:

News Anchor sitting at a news desk:
The popcorn you are eating has been pissed in, film at 11.....
Cough,Cough....well it looks like double feature time. Follow that up with Gandhi or something.   :-D

mattstick

I saw Inside Man, thought it was pretty good.

I recently saw V For Vendetta, and liked it too.

PhishJY

Last one I saw was Talladega Nights.

Excellent movie.  Will Farrell kicks ass.  However, I found the 1st half to be much funnier than the 2nd half.  Movie halfway became serious in the 2nd half.

Definitely worth the price of admission!
Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

jedifunk

kingdom of heaven... pretty good... got me reading wikipedia about the crusades and that time period, so i guess for that reason it was good.

war of the worlds (remake)... liked the production & special effects, but i gotta say that the story is weak!  really a boring storyline imo...

got charlie & the chocolate factory recording right now on HBO, so we'll see how that is.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sophist

Quote from: PhishJY on August 12, 2006, 11:13:33 PM
Last one I saw was Talladega Nights.

Excellent movie.  Will Farrell kicks ass.  However, I found the 1st half to be much funnier than the 2nd half.  Movie halfway became serious in the 2nd half.

Definitely worth the price of admission!
I've seen that twice now, and I really noticed the level of improv the 2nd time around(also I read a few articles about how improv based the whole film is).  It really blows my mind how comedy improv is like music improv.  Its all about the groove  :wink:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

jedifunk

fav comedy improv?  BEST IN SHOW without a doubt, the funniest movie i've ever seen... equally good are: waiting for guffman & spinal tap... but i just love best in show... so freaking funny!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sophist

^def agree about best in show.  speaking of improv comedy, anybody seen the aristocrats?
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mikerobe

Anything done by Christopher Guest is unbelievably funny.  For favorites, I might go in the order they were made, Waiting, Best, Mighty Wind.  Spinal tap, though not BY him, I group with his movies; and it is the top.  I hope all loved the Tap reunion in A Mighty Wind. 

Talladega was pretty funny (especially overcoming his fear of driving... awesome).  If there is any movie worth seeing in a theater, it is "The Descent." 

A horror movie about spelunking.  Gotta see it in a dark theater.  If you see it in the future, all you will say is, "Man, I wish I had seen that in a theater."

Hicks

Quote from: phan003 on August 13, 2006, 12:28:21 AM
^def agree about best in show.  speaking of improv comedy, anybody seen the aristocrats?

"It's 69, it's 29 'cause the kids are young, it's nine!"   :-D
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sls.stormyrider

best in show is a riot

Kentuckey fried movie - haven't seen that in years, but one of the funniest movies ever. I'll have to look for the dvd

Last movie watched- the Blues Bros. Belushi was a genius
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

cleech74

I just saw V for Vendetta, as well.  Pretty good flick.

If you like Kentucky Fried Movie, check out the Groove Tube.  It is Chevy Chase's first movie (I think).  Richard Belzer is in it, too.  Personally, I think GT is funnier than KFM, but that's just me.

"The Dealers!  You work all day, work all day, work all dayeee!"
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon