News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

road trip phish...

Started by AfterMidnight, April 07, 2009, 11:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfterMidnight

i can never make up my mind on which shows to take on a trip, so if you could only take 5 phish shows on a trip which would they be?

btw: listening to chalk dust from 7.19.99 never heard it before and it is making my head spin.

MiamiPhish

is there a 7/10 tease in there?

AfterMidnight

ummm yea... i meant 7.10 sorry  :-)

willsteele

The Island Tour and 12/31/1995 worked out really well for me on a road trip once. 
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

rowjimmy

gah

If you had to pick, I'd say shows you've been too. Always nice to drive and go down memory lane. Also festivals area good for really long road trips so you can hear a whole weekends worth.

I've run a couple 1/2 marathons in VA Beach, and was planning on doing another this fall, and am trying to think of which show I want to listen to. It's a great opportunity to go through a show straight through. 1st one I did, I listened to 08/09/98, in honor of running in Va Beach...next one I did I used a compilation of 05/21/00, 05/22/00 from RCMH....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Bobafett

i love the drive from Denver to Morrison.  :-(
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 07, 2009, 11:14:09 AM
Cypress.

Indeed, perfect for long road trips. 

That is about the only time I have had the pleasure of listening to cypress from start -> finish.
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

How about some summer 98s like 7/16, 7/21 or 7/29?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

AfterMidnight

I decided to bring cypress, 02.20.92, 12.29.98, 5.23.00 (all haugh's mix)

I think I'm all set :-D

Poster Nutbag

10/31/96 - The Omni...  :mrgreen:
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

khalpin

gah

Quote from: khalpin on April 07, 2009, 03:26:34 PM
Quote from: Poster Nutbag on April 07, 2009, 03:12:01 PM
10/31/96 - The Omni...  :mrgreen:
The best of the Halloweens.

got to love that talking heads set.

drums....HA!

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Moses Yastrzemski

Just make sure the 5 shows have no repeating songs.

Lifeboy

off the top of the dome:

Maybe a summer 99 MIX

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke: