News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/27 - DCU Center - Woosta, MA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mbw, December 27, 2010, 11:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mistercharlie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on December 28, 2010, 10:51:43 AM
First night after some time off, probably be a lot better tonight.
Signed, Mr. Positive.

Although, we can bring up Red Rocks 09 to prove otherwise. That was the first show after some time off and they came out firing on all cylinders.

Quote from: antelope19 on December 28, 2010, 10:57:09 AM
Agreed.  This run will get better every night.   

I hope you're right.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

antelope19

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mistercharlie on December 28, 2010, 10:57:15 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on December 28, 2010, 10:51:43 AM
First night after some time off, probably be a lot better tonight.
Signed, Mr. Positive.

Although, we can bring up Red Rocks 09 to prove otherwise. That was the first show after some time off and they came out firing on all cylinders.

Quote from: antelope19 on December 28, 2010, 10:57:09 AM
Agreed.  This run will get better every night.   

I hope you're right.
This ain't 2009 brah.  :evil:

And iirc, that run got better too.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

JPhishman

No surprise here really. Total warmup show. No regrets on bustin my ass to get there though. I just had to be there. My first mound. Thought it was a little botched but didn't care. George and I noted the Roggae got pretty psychedelic at one point. I was pretty exhausted from 19hrs of travel but still had a blast with Mcgrupp and Wtu. Birdman kicked it for the second set too. Was stoked that they played seven below but I don't recall it being anything special. There was a guy down front with a "whatstheuse" sign and it was the only sign I saw so pretty sure thats why they played it.

Stoked to be rested up and ready to rage tonight! It's all up from here!
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

willsteele

Quote from: thatfargone on December 28, 2010, 10:31:38 AM
This show brought the yawns.  Repeatedly.  Cool it Down was played well and fun to hear again.  Mound was botched and took away the excitement for me.  Seven Below>WTU is the clear highlight and even that was pretty weak.  Mid second set Michelle looked at me sadly and said "this show sucks!" 

Worst show since Chuck1 and that was WAAAAAY better.

Did it really suck though?   Or was it just an average show?  Would you have rather stayed home?
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

gainesvillegreen

Enjoying Page's solo in Funky Bitch. He sounds practiced. His piano sounds exceptionally bright on the LP recording. I wonder if he got a new instrument for Christmas?
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

thatfargone

Quote from: willsteele on December 28, 2010, 11:17:10 AM
This show brought the yawns.  Repeatedly.  Cool it Down was played well and fun to hear again.  Mound was botched and took away the excitement for me.  Seven Below>WTU is the clear highlight and even that was pretty weak.  Mid second set Michelle looked at me sadly and said "this show sucks!" 

Did it really suck though?   Or was it just an average show?  Would you have rather stayed home?

No.  A bad Phish show is still worthy of attendance imo. It was below average for me.  Very safe, poor playing, Julius was awful, Trey was lazy and slacked by just playing imple pentatonic patterns all night it seemed.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

thatfargone

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on December 28, 2010, 11:18:01 AM
Enjoying Page's solo in Funky Bitch. He sounds practiced. His piano sounds exceptionally bright on the LP recording. I wonder if he got a new instrument for Christmas?

Everything looks the same to us from behind the stage watching him.

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

antelope19

Quote from: willsteele on December 28, 2010, 11:17:10 AM

Just give up on reading most of what this guy says.  He's the resident hater.  Dude could be in attendance for 12/31/95 and still find something to complain about.....

:-P

thatfargone

WAIT!!!!  I thought I was the resident fluffer???
:? :lol:

Caravan2001

Quote from: G. Augusto on December 28, 2010, 04:49:57 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on December 28, 2010, 02:37:49 AM
They have never gone 5 shows straight without a repeat. Miami 03 was pretty close, but just four shows....

Actually...
09-08-2000 > 09-14-2000 didn't have any.

nice...I was hoping I was wrong...

DoW

I think the sound was much better last night than some of the fall shows.  Wasn't that overbearing loud that was happening in the fall.
Lights were ok but not amazing.
I think it is easy to hate n the show but I also think it was an easy show to just enjoy if you were there.  – 7 > What's the Use was the clear highlight.
Julius and Bowie weren't their best versions but they are still fun.
Possum was the absolute last song I wanted to hear last night but it was ok.
Mikes > Mound > Weekpaug is a great way to open a set.
And yes, Page had some very nice moments last night in Funky Bitch.
Last night was the type of show that if you are using all your vacation time to see Phish, it probably would be disappointing.  If you are seeing Phish shows close to home in between work days, it is still fun.

I plan on seeing less of them in 2011 until the catalogue expands but shows are still a treat for me.  Never leave disappointed.

Oh yeah and it was cold outside.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

McGrupp

LSD is fun!

Phish played last night.

I had a great time, thoroughly enjoyed the show and had a blast seeing everyone!

Regardless of the meh-ness of the show, I had a great birthday. As heath said, it was a warmup show, but we all raged it and had fun.

:wtu:

Regards,

Your friendly neighborhood fleethound.

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

sophist

Fuck, you're alive.  I had already made plans to stop off in Richmond and raid your belongings for your best possessions (ironic t-shirts, Wendy's coupons, and cheap bourbon). 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!