News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Andy Reid leave of absence

Started by justjezmund, February 12, 2007, 01:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justjezmund

Here ya go eagles fans.  http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PHI/9992312 

this just happened this morning.
Could be a month or longer says some other site.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Bobafett

goodnessgraiciousme. (cp30) Can't really be suprised with all this, considering.  you know there was also a story 1 mo. ago about a high school prospect who was the son of FedEx chief, busted with extasy, now may not be allowed to sign a scholarship at his school of choice.  Also yest. two Gonzaga b-ballers were benched for possession of marij. and mushrooms. 
But mr. Reid is needed by his team in the coming months...he helped revive that team and i don't think an interim can do what andy does, nor will they have a full grasp of what the team needs to look for next year
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Guyute

Quote from: Bobafett on February 12, 2007, 02:07:09 PM

But mr. Reid is needed by his team in the coming months...he helped revive that team and i don't think an interim can do what andy does, nor will they have a full grasp of what the team needs to look for next year

Even still, with the state of his family, football should be the last thing on his mind.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

Bobafett

Purhaps Purhaps That is the reason for the F-ups?  too much footballin1
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

ucusty

i cant beleve marty schotenhemier (sp?) got canned from SD.

Guyute

Quote from: ucusty on February 12, 2007, 10:50:30 PM
i cant beleve marty schotenhemier (sp?) got canned from SD.

I can, just proved again, he can't win the big one.  Every big game get riddled with coaching errors.  They have probably 3 good seasons with LT left, they want to win.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

thechad

And now their going to have to try and do that with basically a 2nd year QB with a new system to learn, and Rivers loved Shottenhiemer, he was his coach at the Senior bowl before he was drafted.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

grewich

Quote from: Guyute on February 12, 2007, 11:34:48 PM
I can, just proved again, he can't win the big one.  Every big game get riddled with coaching errors.  They have probably 3 good seasons with LT left, they want to win.

ah, the 'cant win the big one' excuse...how long did it take tony dungy &/or peyton...how long did it take elway...shott is a good coach and give 'em the right conditions he'll be fine...
in your face

Guyute

Problem is that he has had the right conditions many times and lost on coaching errors each time.  He did this year on not challenging, bad play calling, going with a very coservative D against New England.

In KC bad play calling led to them losing to the Jets in OT.

It goes on and on.   He is a guy that is going to take a team and build it up ready for the big step.  He isn't going to take you there though.

He's been at this for a long, long time with some great teams and it hasn't happened yet.

tet

as a Giants fan, all i can say to this news is :lol: and :clap:

(it's sad his sons have problems, but he's still a giant douche and is probably the root cause of it all)
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

thechad

Quote from: tet on February 14, 2007, 08:40:48 AM
as a Giants fan, all i can say to this news is :lol: and :clap:

(it's sad his sons have problems, but he's still a giant douche and is probably the root cause of it all)

As a Giants fan as well I agree whole heartedly.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock