News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Alyssa Milano to cover MLB Playoffs

Started by August, September 14, 2007, 06:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/hiestand-tv/2007-09-13-alyssa-milano-TBS_N.htm

By Michael Hiestand, USA TODAY
TBS, during baseball's postseason, will offer the most extensive live coverage of big-league sports action to appear online. And, it will let actress Alyssa Milano be your playoff guide.

TBS Thursday announced that Milano, who starred on ABC's Who's the Boss? and Fox's Melrose Place and now appears on NBC's My Name is Earl, will have a continual presence on TBS' Hot Corner on mlb.com, which will air live video coverage of all MLB's first-round playoff games as well as the National League Championship Series. Online coverage of those games, which will air on TV on TBS, will include continuous camera shots, possibly from cameras focused on pitchers or placed in dugouts or worn on catchers' masks, that appear only sporadically on TV.

And Milano will be seen traveling between ballparks and appearing daily, providing what she says will be "an inside behind-the-scenes look at the playoffs. That's my angle."

Milano, who says she's been a lifelong baseball fan and is a Los Angeles Dodgers season ticket holder, also has an mlb.com "Touch 'Em All" blog, where her takes include saying "baseball is a gift. Every single game — wins and losses and the spectrum in between — is a gift."

She also has an MLB-licensed Touch clothing line that, she explains online, "was born of necessity": "Every game I attended, I would rush into the team shop and look to see if there was anything new and cute to buy. I would look for something that would fit my body and that wasn't pink! I was always disappointed."

a

Bobafett

ppppppppuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

redrum

:-o

ShaWing!

er, i mean shwing batta batta SHAWING!!!

:banana:
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

bonebo

Quote from: reddrum on September 14, 2007, 11:08:45 PM
:-o

ShaWing!

er, i mean shwing batta batta SHAWING!!!

:banana:
She's a robo-babe. If she were president she would be known as Babraham Lincoln ! ( all right, enough waynes world )  If she was covering cricket I would watch !
...sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own...

August

Can't wait!
I bought Puffs Plus for the playoffs!

a

mattstick

In a related story, Matt Stick is going to watch the MLB playoffs.

Guyute

I heard a nasty rumor they might show some baseball.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.