News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Where did you matriculate?

Started by Guyute, October 29, 2006, 04:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmar

I started off at a community college.....

Got sick of that.....applied at Breklee, got in, went for 3 sems.........dropped out.....

I never graduated.....kinda kicking myself in the ass over it, but what's done is done.......I'd like to finish up eventually, but moeny/time doesn't allow......ahh well...I'm still "young".....

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

seagull

Quote from: jephrey on October 30, 2006, 02:06:08 PM
Seagull,

I was part of 11th floor roskie when we made it into the high times 100.  I think that was 97.

"Towel the door, man"  -11th floor Roskie Hall, Bozeman, MT

J

I specifically remember that HT, congratulation on the accomplishment  :-D

I had a lot of friends that stayed in Roskie, I was in N. Hedges but it's all good...

And I think all of us have had some experience with "toweling the door" and perhaps using a toiletpaper/dryer sheet "doob tube"...

kellerb

went to Purdue, graduated 2002 w/ a BS in acoustical engineering, which I don't really use.  At the end of my first semester in the dorms, we were hanging out with the RA.  He said "Do you guys smoke in there every day?"  At that point, I realized that toweling the door & using the tube/dryer-sheets does not work too well.  Started smoking during walks instead.

k_b

sls.stormyrider

interesting. one of the advantages of being older and going to school in the late 70's is that  the towel under the door wasn't an issue. Kept the door closed, didn't buy from or sell to "townies", no problem. same with underaged drinking, fraternity hazing etc. as long as we didn't get into trouble with the local cops, the school didn't care. times have changed.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sophist

forget the towel, the solution is simple. 
1) take a empty water bottle (12 oz)
2) poke holes in the bottom (6-10 holes spaced evenly)
3) insert 2-3 sheets of bounty fresh sheets
4) exhale smoke through water bottle

congrats its smells like laundry instead of pot. 

Also keep incense lit by the door

Finally, if your window can hold a fan, reverse the fan, so its blowing outward, and you'll be set. 
You now have a reverse draft.  Most dorms, the air from the room goes from the room to the hallway.  With the fan turned 180 degree's all air blows outside. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

susep

Quote from: phan003 on November 01, 2006, 05:14:31 PM
forget the towel, the solution is simple. 
1) take a empty water bottle (12 oz)
2) poke holes in the bottom (6-10 holes spaced evenly)
3) insert 2-3 sheets of bounty fresh sheets
4) exhale smoke through water bottle

congrats its smells like laundry instead of pot. 

Also keep incense lit by the door

Finally, if your window can hold a fan, reverse the fan, so its blowing outward, and you'll be set. 
You now have a reverse draft.  Most dorms, the air from the room goes from the room to the hallway.  With the fan turned 180 degree's all air blows outside. 

my system exactly  :beers: minus the water bottle, we just blew our hits out the window.

sophist

worked every time.  I had a pact with the girls that lived above me, if they could make it down to my room before I finished smoking I'd let them have a few bingers.  They could always smell my presence  :evil:
and they never made it in time  :cry:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

susep

Quote from: phan003 on November 01, 2006, 05:22:37 PM
worked every time.  I had a pact with the girls that lived above me, if they could make it down to my room before I finished smoking I'd let them have a few bingers.  They could always smell my presence  :evil:
and they never made it in time  :cry:

ditto, one time this chick above me called my room and asked if I was smoking because her room reaked, I told her no :-D and told her to light an incense and fan her room.
:-D

VA $l!m

Quote from: shaft on October 30, 2006, 02:05:19 PM
university of virginia. if i get my act together to get a graduate degree, it will likely be from virginia commonwealth university, since that's my employer these days.

DIrty Rich in the house!
w00t! :mrgreen:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Where I matriculated? sounds a bit personal and inappropriate...

Seriously tho, I dropped out of Old Dominion University because it was interferring with my attempts to, umm, see shows.

Quote from: susep73 on November 01, 2006, 05:17:45 PM
we just blew our hits out the window.

Bong by the window. no fan. no fear.

:mrgreen:

grewich

1st: i love that 'where did you go to college' turned into 'how did you get away with smokin in the dorm'

2nd: seems to me that all you hafta do is get the degree rarely does anyone do what their degree says...
in your face

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: grewich on February 11, 2007, 10:44:21 PM
1st: i love that 'where did you go to college' turned into 'how did you get away with smokin in the dorm'

wasn't that the whole point of going to college? that, and, getting laid, of course.  :-)
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: slslbs on February 12, 2007, 06:38:56 PM
wasn't that the whole point of going to college? that, and, getting laid, of course.  :-)

Hmmm...I'm going back to school, cause I only got one of those two points mastered before I graduated!   :x

Guyute

Back to the smoking:

First weekend senior year me and 1 of my roomates were up in our room pulling tubes.  Get done, go downstairs, knock at the door.  About 6 people including an RD standing there.  RD " There is a problem with the new computer wiring in the houses and we need to come in and change a connection, is that OK?"   Sure, figuring it is downstairs..  nope, they go up to the close outside our room where smoke is still think in the air.  I absolutly panicked and slipped out the back door.

Turns out they sent one of the kids from the computer lab up to run a signal as no one had marked any of the new wiring and they didn't know what house was connected where.

Other than that, never got close to getting caught.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

gimmetela

was busted twice in 3 weeks by my bitch RA that said her job was to keep us from underage drinking, doing drugs, and having sex.  to which i responded, i will beat your ass buttnaked if you bother me while i'm having sex.  no wonder she had it out for me.