News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

your most memorable Phish moment???

Started by axilla1, July 21, 2008, 12:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

axilla1

one of my most memorable Phish moments would have to be at Greatwoods 7/13/'99...when a friend of mine kicked me down about 3 hits of gel tabs... not realizing it was 3 hits i just ate them down...by the time the show started i was pretty much peaking and seeing the ugly clown faces!! I was ready to freak out and my friends are telling me to eat up my molly and i was thinking more drugs, i just don't know about this!!! but gave in and down the molly...Still on the verge of losing it the music started, i was slitley subdewed by the beginnings sounds of Phish and barley dealing with the issue when the flip started to take effect...then to sound of my ears and flow of the vibrations of carini my prayers were answered...what a beautiful sight and a great show it was!!! :banana: :-o :banana:

G. Augusto

Quote from: axilla1 on July 21, 2008, 12:58:59 AM
one of my most memorable Phish moments would have to be at Greatwoods 7/13/'99...when a friend of mine kicked me down about 3 hits of gel tabs... not realizing it was 3 hits i just ate them down...by the time the show started i was pretty much peaking and seeing the ugly clown faces!! I was ready to freak out and my friends are telling me to eat up my molly and i was thinking more drugs, i just don't know about this!!! but gave in and down the molly...Still on the verge of losing it the music started, i was slitley subdewed by the beginnings sounds of Phish and barley dealing with the issue when the flip started to take effect...then to sound of my ears and flow of the vibrations of carini my prayers were answered...what a beautiful sight and a great show it was!!! :banana: :-o :banana:

Fee

To me this is the easiest question to answer.  I've had countless memories at the shows I attended.  Some were due to the high level of music or others due to a combination of drugs and a music.  The number one moment for me was Big Cypress.  It just can't be topped.  The whole shebang.  12/29/99-1/1/00 were amazing.  I'll never forget this three day stretch. 

phg

I wasn't really into the good drugs when I was seeing Phish, since I was only 18 and 19, but 12.29.03 I ate a mushroom cap the size of my palm at setbreak.  The second set was ridic (and the best set of Phish I saw), and my girl and I ended up getting lost in downtown Miami with a bunch of homeless bums and a creepy carnival after the show.  When we found my car, it was a most triumphant moment.

the most memorable in person might be DC Halley's-->Crosseyed.  That was exciting. Or maybe the Miami Disease. I was way up close and that shit rocked.

jephrey

Realizing that they were actually going to play the entire DSOTM album.  I was about 5-6 rows back from the rail and I was going nuts.  I'll never forget that feeling of amazement.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

antelope19

Quote from: jephrey on July 21, 2008, 08:11:57 AM
Realizing that they were actually going to play the entire DSOTM album.  I was about 5-6 rows back from the rail and I was going nuts.  I'll never forget that feeling of amazement.

You lucky bastard!   :-D

Hmmmmm......for me, its too close to call.  Big Cypress for the entire weekend; the vibe, the weather, the music, etc.  11/19/98 when I finally "Got it" which made the following 2 nights at Hampton that much better.  Or 12/29/03 watching my younger brother "Get it" and FINALLY understanding why I spent so much time traveling the country with these guys.  All very special moments for me for different reasons, but all equally important to me.  I wouldn't trade those memories for anything.   
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

tet

Big Cypress.  all of it, like everyone else said. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

birdman

12/31/95 takes it for me...
Drowned being the peak
Paug FTMFW!

VA $l!m

memorable?

probably 10-27-94 icculus.

or hampton97.

or nassau 98.

...or

_________(insert every other cool show here)

...or that damn line at roseland in 00.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

fauxpaxfauxreal

I'll set the scene for you all.  We're at Deer Creek in the middle of a bunch of corn producing farm fields early on in July.  Our faces had just been melted by two nights of beautiful music culminating in the crazy shenanigans involved during the "Dick Torture" show on July the Eleventh.  It was a clear night, and the sun was going down.  We were on the lawn, partying our collective asses off, dancing, taking in the KYND VYBES given off by all participants in the chess game emulating true life experiences in an artistic context that is the "PHiSH" experience.

The band was playing Tube, and we were all eagerly awaiting the kick down that we knew was sure to come...

Would it be more shenanigans like the day before?  Perhaps a set long Mike's Song tease fest?  Perhaps a Deer Creek based Harpua?  We had no idea what we were in for when it came...Trey quickly counted off...and we were into................

........HEAVY THINGS! 

Fuck yes!  The kick down to trump all kick downs.  The rarest, dankest, kyndest, tightest, killerest, non-whackest song of all times HEAVY THINGS! came on.

Our section quickly erupted into high fives.

A dance off broke out.

I think someone was stabbed with a trident.

It was as if Jerry Garcia's ghost decended out of the clouds at this moment in time, just like the Jazzman in that one episode of The Simpsons that everyone remembers and never forgets.

Jerry Garcia winked, smiled, and the bogey section commenced.

It was the most perfect Heavy Things that had ever been played.  I was into it.  Everyone else was grooving.  After that song, I was hoping that Phish would just retire... nothing could hit my heart, my soul my feet as much as that one song perfectly played and placed at that moment in time.

I will always fondly remember the Deer Creek Heavy Things.  It was hands down the greatest concert experience of my life.

Thank you for reading, hopefully if you were there you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Dank You Trey!

Hicks

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on July 21, 2008, 05:48:37 PM

I'll set the scene for you all.  We're at Deer Creek in the middle of a bunch of corn producing farm fields early on in July.  Our faces had just been melted by two nights of beautiful music culminating in the crazy shenanigans involved during the "Dick Torture" show on July the Eleventh.  It was a clear night, and the sun was going down.  We were on the lawn, partying our collective asses off, dancing, taking in the KYND VYBES given off by all participants in the chess game emulating true life experiences in an artistic context that is the "PHiSH" experience.

The band was playing Tube, and we were all eagerly awaiting the kick down that we knew was sure to come...

Would it be more shenanigans like the day before?  Perhaps a set long Mike's Song tease fest?  Perhaps a Deer Creek based Harpua?  We had no idea what we were in for when it came...Trey quickly counted off...and we were into................

........HEAVY THINGS! 

Fuck yes!  The kick down to trump all kick downs.  The rarest, dankest, kyndest, tightest, killerest, non-whackest song of all times HEAVY THINGS! came on.

Our section quickly erupted into high fives.

A dance off broke out.

I think someone was stabbed with a trident.

It was as if Jerry Garcia's ghost decended out of the clouds at this moment in time, just like the Jazzman in that one episode of The Simpsons that everyone remembers and never forgets.

Jerry Garcia winked, smiled, and the bogey section commenced.

It was the most perfect Heavy Things that had ever been played.  I was into it.  Everyone else was grooving.  After that song, I was hoping that Phish would just retire... nothing could hit my heart, my soul my feet as much as that one song perfectly played and placed at that moment in time.

I will always fondly remember the Deer Creek Heavy Things.  It was hands down the greatest concert experience of my life.

Thank you for reading, hopefully if you were there you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Dank You Trey!

That's actually pretty funny dude, well played.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

Hmmmm,

calling PYITE as the opener every night on Summer Tour '00 and finally being right at Alpine Valley

Front row center (with a lawn ticket stub) for the PNC '99 2001>Mike's>Hydrogen>Weekapaug>Simple

But #1 just might be partying on the walkway surrounded by friends as the breeze rolled in off Lake Ontario during what has to be the perfect version of Reba, 7/6/00

time phactory

Coventry was the most recent, probably technically the most memorable. 
Well it being recent coupled with the fact that the memory itself tends to remember what it doesn't want to.
So much fucking suffering of my poor feet and body occurred.
I still get pissed off thinking about the staff pushing all the poor tired hikers off the road and into a muddy ditch.
And did everybody get their ticket redeemed?  I didn't at the gate so I had to wallow in a muddy pit like a pig and swing frantically at some staff members behind a chain link fence to give me my fucking bracelet or whatever bullshit it was.
What sucks most about that whole deal?  That those experiences create very poignant memories.

I still love Phish though.  If it were any other band...

rowjimmy

I have a pretty good memory so lots of shows are pretty vividly stored in my melon.

I'll share the wonder of Lemonwheel's 4th set, as Phish performed ambient music in a ring of fire, Igbo and chilled on the concert field for a while then rose up and walked around. Firstly, the PA was so stellar (thank you, Paul!) that you could hear it beautifully anywhere in the concert grounds. Then, as we got further away, the FM broadcast took over. Nearly everyone (aside from the disco bus) had the simulcast playing through their car radios & boomboxes & whatever as we drifted about in that surreal landscape know as the lot.

It was an experience I'll never forget and one for which I'll always be thankful.

Mr Minor

Wilson at Apline in 97- opener and everyone all the way up the hill yelling "Wilson" back at the band...
Makisupa opener a couple nights later at Deer Creek, tripping balls (already) on some tasty chocolate covered shrooms...
My first show, 11-25-94, Harpua with the "first-ever" glowstick war.  Also the first time I took acid.  Great show, great night, great beginning to a wonderful journey of music and memories.