News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Your most heard 3.0

Started by redrum, August 29, 2009, 12:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justjezmund

Hampton:
3/6/09

Leg I:
6/5/09
6/7/09

Leg II:
8/7/09
8/14/09
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

blatboom

Quote from: Superfreakie on August 29, 2009, 07:24:16 PM
Camden is the biggest flub fest I have ever heard.

lol.  like clockwork  :roll:

Superfreakie

Quote from: blatboom on August 29, 2009, 08:12:17 PM
Camden is the biggest flub fest I have ever heard.

lol.  like clockwork  :roll:

ROFLMAO, you know I love the both ya though.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

disco

3-8
6-4
6-9
6-19
7-30
7-31
8-1
8-8

haven't had much of a chance to listen to any of the last four shows in a controlled environment. Just as work or in chunks, no complete sets at home or car. We certainly don't need an uncontrolled burn round here.  :samurai:

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

WhatstheUse?

Shoreline > Camden ?

you gotta be kidding me...
Bring in the dude!

Superfreakie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 29, 2009, 11:22:26 PM
Shoreline > Camden ?

you gotta be kidding me...

Nope not at all. I like tight playing and innovative ideas. The DWD had far more original thought than the Sand and Tweezer put together and the quality of playing at Shoreline was tighter than a nun at Easter when compared to the slop that was Camden. Look, this horse has been beaten to death, most love Camden and I find it not listenable. Regrettably, I won't be able to convince you of this, and you won't convince me otherwise. Ah, the subjective beauty of music. 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

blatboom

I can't imagine anyone who attended both Camden and Shoreline would say Shoreline was a better show.  there's this thing called energy...

VDB

Quote from: Sophist on August 29, 2009, 06:49:34 PM
People still listen to Hampton?  I listened to it one time after it happened and that was it.

I've not listened to Hampton in a long while. But from early March to late May, it got played a good bit, with no 3.0 competition, so I'd guess it tops the "most played 3.0" list still.

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on August 29, 2009, 07:32:23 PM
If by Worst Tweezer Ever, you mean best Tweezer of '09, than you are definitely right. (altho, you could argue that the Red Rocks Tweezer is better and you might be right, I haven't listened to it yet, and I heard it is very hot.)

Do yourself the favor. The RR Tweezer is astoundingly good and significant, in my opinion, not least of which because it represented a kind of original, dynamic and creative jamming that we'd basically not heard in 3.0 to that point. My opinion.

I have not listened to the first half of tour in some time and I think it will be a really long time before I do return to revisit those shows. Phish 3.0 (a) for the most part sucked compared to 3.0 (b).

On the whole I'd agree with this. I think leg 2 was enough of a step forward to warrant its own categorization apart from leg 1. Maybe it should be 3.1 ...
Is this still Wombat?

Superfreakie

Quote from: blatboom on August 29, 2009, 11:49:17 PM
I can't imagine anyone who attended both Camden and Shoreline would say Shoreline was a better show.  there's this thing called energy...

I totally agree with you Blat and would never dispute that. If you asked me which show I would of rather been in attendance for, I would answer Camden, judging by the party that I have heard it was and also because I love to dance (Sand, Tweezer). But this thread asked about listening, not about being in attendance and flailing my body about. That being the case, for me personally, there are two ways I listen to shows. Dancing while letting the music wash over me and move my body, completely immersed in sensation (this could be dancing in my apartment cleaning or washing dishes or at the show) or sitting in a chair with decent headphones or a nice system and picking apart the thousands of nuances in the music. Both experiences I relish. That being said, when I sit and properly invest myself into listening to Camden analytically I come away disappointed.   

WhatstheUse?

Camden was one of my favorite places I saw a show this summer, along w/ the Gorge and Asheville.

The crowd energy @ Camden was like nothing I had ever experienced @ a concert before.
Bring in the dude!

Superfreakie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 30, 2009, 01:11:36 AM
Camden was one of my favorite places I saw a show this summer, along w/ the Gorge and Asheville.

The crowd energy @ Camden was like nothing I had ever experienced @ a concert before.

I don't doubt it nor have I ever disputed that. I've seen enough of Phish shows to know what you speak of when you speak of energy. As an aside, east coast energy electric, west coast vibby. 

Gorge and Rocks Tweezers > Camden Tweezer   def.

whatapiper

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 29, 2009, 01:32:48 PM
I find myself listening to the camden fee more than anything else....partially cuz its short and just the right length for a car ride to most of my friends house

But mostly because I loove this jam and it brings back one of the most joyous moments of my life....one of those moments where the music just really moved me

there is something about the intro to that song, it takes you way back and you know shit has gone deep, the jam doesnt hurt either.    my one and only Dinner and a Movie at 6/17/04 did the same, when the middle section hit I felt like i was in a time machine, "where the fuck am I" moment.

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

redrum

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 30, 2009, 01:11:36 AM

u forgettin yer 1st Fluff already?!

j/k, i know they were different.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

DoW

the camden tweezer is the best track phish has played since 2003, but other than that, the show was full of flubs.  I am amazed of how much it gets fluffed.  I found the Sand boring personally.

I've only listened t the hampton shows more than once straight through.  just certain tracks of other shows.  I'm trying not to burn myself out on Phish and have been throwing in other bands and older shows in the mix as well to keep my perspective.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Gol D. Roger

,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"