News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Anyone know how to convert an M4A file to wav?

Started by khalpin, January 06, 2017, 07:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

I assume iTunes would be able to do it but haven't found a way. 

westcider

itunes will do it, I found the convoluted instructions with a google search, but I like to do all my conversion and tagging/etc outside itunes before adding to my library.  I use the program dbPoweramp.  it can covert anything to anything (actually it won't do .caf  :frustrated: but anything else you can think of), and it works easy in the windows context menu.  it replaced Trader's Little Helper in my workflow.  I paid for it, but there's a month free trial.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

khalpin

Quote from: Hicks on January 06, 2017, 10:16:48 PM
Why would you want/need to?
Nothing monumental, I recorded something which has backwards audio as a "voice memo" on my iPhone, which puts it in m4a and I want to put it into Audacity to play it backwards to see what's going on.

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

khalpin

Quote from: westcider on January 06, 2017, 09:48:34 PM
itunes will do it, I found the convoluted instructions with a google search, but I like to do all my conversion and tagging/etc outside itunes before adding to my library.  I use the program dbPoweramp.  it can covert anything to anything (actually it won't do .caf  :frustrated: but anything else you can think of), and it works easy in the windows context menu.  it replaced Trader's Little Helper in my workflow.  I paid for it, but there's a month free trial.
dbPoweramp did the trick, thanks!