News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

tet

I've been pulled back into Destiny 2 with all of the recent changes and release of Forsaken.  It's a totally different game now, and back in-line with the best of D1.  The new story missions are fantastic too.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on September 05, 2018, 10:38:38 AM
I've been pulled back into Destiny 2 with all of the recent changes and release of Forsaken.  It's a totally different game now, and back in-line with the best of D1.  The new story missions are fantastic too.
yeah i enjoed the little i played so far before BFV beta started.
BFV beta been a mixed bag. game still needs a ton of polish which hopefully the extra month will help. but  i think it has great potential.
definitely a completely different BF game. feels more like bf3 than anything else, but the pacing is waaay different now that they limiti health and ammo.
should actually make for a real good BR game,.
they just announced som BR deets today. Criterion that made starfighter assult in battlefront is doing the mode.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

so while Battlefield appears to be struggling prelaunch, COD blows every1 away for the first time in years with their new BLops BLackout BR trailer.
honestly shit looks pretty hot, but i havent bought a COD since MW2,lol... this might be the first year i regret being BF comitted... we chall see.

VA $l!m

heads up. Battlefield 1 Premium pass including all dlcs is avail. for FREE this week if you own the game.

emay

This Ghost of Tsushima looks pretty sick

VA $l!m

Quote from: emay on September 20, 2018, 03:49:36 PM
This Ghost of Tsushima looks pretty sick

yeah should be pretty sweet. PS4 exclusive FTW.

ps, a few gaming notes:
Rockstar announced that the online compnent for Red DEad Redemption2 will go live a month post lanch just like GTA online did.
--i'm actually leaning to grabbing RDR2 now... just dying for a new game. Though  i'm also thinking i might pick up COD and play it for 2 weeks before that then trade it in, lol.

ALso, Battlefront 2 should be implementing a full fledged Squad system akin to Battlefield's next week.
As much as this was requested by the community originally its sorta whatevs now, but it definitely is going to turn attack/defend balance on its head since players will be able to spawn directly into action instead of traversing long distances from a spawn... should be weird, lol.
---and GRevous/ Geonosis map release still on trck for October. OB1 in Nov.

personal/random-- i get Absolver dlc next week, w00t!
ESO has a new update that jsut went to PTS and basically destroys all Light Armor MAgic build for pvp, lol. they added a cast time to shields which is about the stupidest thing theve done in 4 years. If it goes to the live server it will definitely cost them subs.

VA $l!m

big gaming news break... Playstation appears to be cracking on allowing cross play.
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/09/26/extended-fortnite-cross-play-beta-launches-on-playstation-4/

ps- Tried new Battlefront Squad system update  all day yesterday and its pretty sweet. Definitely changed the entire flow of the GA. Games are way more hectic fast paced now with constant action and no running from spawn downtimes. pretty cool change of pace. theyll defintiely have to tweak some of the objective balance, but overall it seems to be a very fun change.

VA $l!m

VA $l!m

emay

that trailer is so baller. Kinda reminded me of westworld with the "you can be whatever you want".
Gambler, bounty hunter, train robber, etc.

Going to pre order it this weekend. The local game store near my house makes limited run t shirts for new games, free when pre-ordering through them rather through amazon/gamestop/bestbuy

VA $l!m

just a FYI- apparently RDR2 has a huge file size. 105GB on ps4 pro.
not sure if thats for digital DL only or if the disc has the same size install, but either way you might wanna free up HD space if your plannin on getting it.

im still on the fence whether im getting Red dead day 1. i change my mind daily, lol.
itd prob be a def. yes for me if Fallout beta didnt start the same day and most likely run straight thru to launch with beta progress transfering AFAIK.
Battlefront is also getting Grevous and Geonosis day after RD launch...
then if Fallout sucks me in...plus Battlefield later in Nov...just wondering how im gonna juggle all 3.

After those 3 though theres not much til Anthem in Feb and Division2 in MArch.
Still, gonna be a jam packed Winter of big games.

emay

VA $l!m

been watching BLops4 BLackOut streams all day.
Trying to control my urge to impulse buy that shit, lol.
General consensus is that its the best BR made to date, but i still cant get behind payin $60 just for that mode when i'd probably neve rtouch the rest of the game.
I have a pretty good feeling theyll sell it as a stand alone once they make their sales through the holidays though.

Bobafett

I preordered it and played for 3 hours past my bedtime last night despite having to be at work at 6 am today.  It's pretty solid and my crew from fort nite all played and won 3/7 matches.  The inventory system is a bit of a challenge, and I tried to build cover a few times!  I'm glad I got it and will be playing all weekend.   
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.