News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Stooges Guitarist Found Dead

Started by MiamiPhish, January 06, 2009, 05:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

What a bummer- he was one of my fave guitarists of all time.  Luckily I got to see the Stooges a few times in the last couple years.  A more influential band will never be found.  He was the man!  RIP Ron.....and he was always the good boy.  Who would have thought that he would go before Iggy or his brother Scott? I'm actually pretty shaken up...my hands are shaking... :|

Ri©h

Damn...  another great one taken.

RIP Ron.

rowjimmy

thechad

That sucks. A good friend of mine works at the studio were they recorded their last album, he and Ron use to go to lunch together all the time, said he was the coolest most down to earth guy ever.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

PhishPhan

Caravan2001

Quote from: thechad on January 07, 2009, 01:40:04 AM
That sucks. A good friend of mine works at the studio were they recorded their last album, he and Ron use to go to lunch together all the time, said he was the coolest most down to earth guy ever.

In Chicago?  My buddy covered those sessions for the New York Times, and hung out with Ron there too.  Said he was the coolest, nicest dude ever. 

thechad

Quote from: caravan2001 on January 07, 2009, 10:51:48 AM
Quote from: thechad on January 07, 2009, 01:40:04 AM

In Chicago?  My buddy covered those sessions for the New York Times, and hung out with Ron there too.  Said he was the coolest, nicest dude ever. 

Yep, he works for Steve Albini at his studio.  He's basically an accountant and the person who sets the recording scheduals.  And keeps track of Albini's gambling losses.  For those of you in the Chicagoland area he runs a bingo game in a bar, I don't know which one but I'll find out and post it if anyone is interested.  :-)
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock