News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

No Paul...

Started by rowjimmy, January 26, 2009, 03:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

So I hadn't heard this discussed before but I just learned that Gerry Brown (Trey's sound guy of late) will be running sound for Phish.

I guess Paul is more interested in chilling at home and making guitars.

Can't say I blame him. He's not a young dude, anymore.

G. Augusto

Uh...I thought the Walrus was Paul  :?

mistercharlie

Will CK still be on lights? He's the 5th member of Phish, and tho one I miss most, ...well almost. :wink:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Mistercharlie on January 26, 2009, 04:13:17 PM
Will CK still be on lights? He's the 5th member of Phish, and tho one I miss most, ...well almost. :wink:
He will be there.

I actually remember someone from this board talking to CK in person @ a Black Crowes show this fall.  Chris confirmed he will be at Hampton.
Bring in the dude!

MiamiPhish

McGrupp

Glad to know at least CK will be there! What's the story on this Gerry Brown guy?
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

sls.stormyrider

wasn't he governor of California at one time?
interesting career move
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Hicks

Quote from: slslbs on January 26, 2009, 06:37:31 PM
wasn't he governor of California at one time?
interesting career move

:lol:

As much as Paul is the man, I think Phish could benefit from a new set of ears.  It seems to me that PH not only was Trey's tone lacking but it was also frequently to high in the mix. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Update:
Word is, Paul is quite ill.

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 30, 2009, 03:36:24 PM
Update:

:|  That sucks.  Get well soon!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on January 30, 2009, 03:37:59 PM
Update:

Seriously.
send good vibes, folks.

ytowndan

Quote from: antelope19 on January 30, 2009, 03:37:59 PM
Update:

:-(   Damn.  Hope he gets better. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

ucusty

question is will Phish even be there?  If they dont take this seriously whats the point? Especially after the ticket debacle. Its only going to get worse with 4 nights at RR and two at the gorge

Hicks

ouch that sucks, hope is alright and gets better soon.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emperor_brian

Oh man, that's awful if so. As much as I do agree that a new soundman might do them some good (their live sound could stand to be crisper and better balanced lately), Paul is an awesome guy and was an invaluable part of their sound...and not just from a mixing standpoint. Without Paul, there'd be no 'Doc for Trey to tear up.

Get well soon!  :-(
"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open." - Frank Zappa