News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Everyshow in Circulation Hard drive B&P

Started by CRAZYED, May 19, 2008, 05:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRAZYED

In the past at one point this was referred to operation assface. I dont really call it that personally, but i have finally completed Operation Everyshow. I have put together a collection of all phish shows known to circulate - but this does not mean i have all sources. Usually for the early years if a sbd circulates as well as an AUD, i have both. The later years, i sometimes have multiple aud sources if available. Everything has been converted to FLAC, named to etree standards and metatags (artist, date, venue, source, genre etc) have been included for each track.

The entire FLAC catalog fits nicely on 2x750gig drives with a good 100-200gig free on each drive for growth.

I also have the same catalog available in 320kbps MP3 which fits nicely on a 500gig drive. Yes, I will probably take heat for offering this lossless up but some people just dont need or want flac and they just want to listen to these on their computer/ipod

Last thing to note, i have setup a distribution list to notify those who want to be notified when a new show becomes available (usually on bt.etree.org). I just sent out a reminder email to the list with a link - saying you should probably grab this and add it to your vault.

If you are interested in this, I will take some B&P's. If you want to buy a drive or two and have it directly shipped to me I can accommodate that. After I fill the drive and calculate return shipping, you can paypal me the shipping money & Paypal fees. Then i ship the drive. Or if you want to do a traditional B&P you just send the return shipping up front. Obviously i have no intentions of making money on this deal but i'm not paying out of pocket for shipping costs. If you are interested in this send me a PM.

Just an FYI you can get a western digital 500gig external for $90 shipped at buy.com right now.
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=206409667

birdman

Awesome job, CE.
Just plain awesome.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Paug FTMFW!

jedifunk

yeah! we've finally made it!

while i'm not in need of this (gots all the phish i need)... i am happy to see that Ed has finally gotten to this point... this was discussed so much in the early days of the paug.

congrats ed... and k+ for the offer.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

CRAZYED

birdman

Seriously, when I started collecting shows $90 would have purchased around 45 XLIIS, or roughly 22 full shows. Now I can have them all for the same price. I like the future.
Paug FTMFW!

Casey Lenahan

I owe Aug $20

drvinestein

Very, very cool.  I like the email updates also.

+k

bluecaravan521

Shit! Congrats! If I were to run into some cash I'd totally do this, but alas...
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

sgordo

jephrey

Nice.

I myself only have 1994thru2004 (and many of those are livephish shows), but they've all been converted to apple lossless and tagged to my own standard...  The song name, go figure.  Anyhow, they're set up to go into iTunes and their artwork is the setlist and notes.  It's pretty slick, but it is my own standard.  I'll offer up the same thing for those of you who like lossless on your pod, but not right yet.  It's all still on discs and I have to run through the tags and song names one more time.  I'm not sure when I'll get a drive to do that, but I need 1T at least.  Hopefully by the fall, I'll have one or two fired up and I'll be ready to go.

Anyhow, this is a great thing.  I know how much work it is not only to collect everything, but then to encode/tag/organize.  And I only did the second half of their career!  You have to be pretty psyched about having this to offer. 

Kudos and +k
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

CRAZYED

Here is some additional info i posted to taperssection.com....

BTW, to answer a few questions about the archive.  When I collected all the shows, I pretty much went by db.etree.org as the source of truth for what circulates.  If it didnt circulate in etree chances are i probably dont have it.  With so many shows, this thing isnt perfect but i spent hours and hours and years putting it together and organizing. I hate shn format so that was the first thing to go, especially non-seekable shns.  EVERYTHING is flac.  All files are renamed to etree standards phxxxx-xx-xxdxtxx.flac.  Metatags were added for artist, album (date xxxx-xx-xx - venue - city, state, country when outside of us).  Whole year md5s are included for verification when copying the archive to another drive for one of you peeps and your friends.

As for what sources did i use.  Well....for the early years where both sbds and auds are available, i tried to get both when possible.  I dont have both in all cases but i would say i probably do in most.  As the years went on less sbds were available and more aud choices were available.  First rule of thumb i followed in the last few years, get all sobel/flaschner/byron sources.   Jason is the man when it comes to xfers and the generous tapers have been coming out of the woodwork the past few years getting him the sickest sources.  After that, i have always preferred shepz.  Gimme fob 4v's any day.  But, in the end i would like to say i've got a good ear and would always *try* for the best source, which also meant not always shepz.  That could be FOB akgs one night, section shepz, fob neumanns, we all know there are a 100 different combos out there.  it's so subjective and we all know that on this forum more so than the average phan board. I did my best to go for the best, in my opinion.  The thing about this archive, is it grows almost daily.  And if you don't like my choices on sources, chances are you probably have them in your collections already or can get them with minimal effort on bt.etree/week4paug.net.

In the end I did this for me first, and to share with those who will appreciate it.  Not for those who ask for a copy and do nothing but bitch about what I did or didn't do or how i did it.

Caravan2001

thanks man.....pm sent, +k for the hard work

DoW

personally, I don't agree with the changing of the original transfer but I really don't care.  you are getting shows out to the people and that is what matters so +k for that.

what really trubles me is how personal you have taken this to the point where you mention where to get shows and INTENTIONALLY leave the spot off where a great number of people jave and still continue to get their shows.

anyway, congrats on your accomplishment and hopefully people take advantage of your kind offer.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

khalpin