News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Political Pot Thread

Started by Undermind, October 01, 2012, 10:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undermind

There are going to be numerous political goings on with our favorite plant and I thought there should be a thread dedicated to it.

Here's an interesting article to start things off:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/lists/9-signs-that-pot-legalization-is-coming-soon-20120928#ixzz283avxhAP
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

emay

Quote from: Undermind on October 01, 2012, 10:45:45 AM
There are going to be numerous political goings on with our favorite plant and I thought there should be a thread dedicated to it.

Here's an interesting article to start things off:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/lists/9-signs-that-pot-legalization-is-coming-soon-20120928#ixzz283avxhAP

:clap: :smoke:
Awesome!

mistercharlie

Yet another reason to continue trying to convince the wife that we need to move to Colorado.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

whatapiper

Looks like Rolling Stone was rolling a few while writing this as Christine Gregoire is current governor of WA not OR, either way she has our back tho. 
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

runawayjimbo

Sorry, whatapiper, but it's not polling well in Oregon (you're in Oregon, right?). As RS points out the prospects look much better in CO and WA. Of course, it's too bad that Obama will have no choice but to continue enforcing the federal law. But hey, that's not his fault, his hands are tied.

Also, LOL at the Rolling Stone for citing Barney Frank and Ron Paul's efforts. They must not have gotten the memo that the strongest legalization advocates (along with Dennis Kucinich) will all be out of Congress by 2013. And I'm not sure how Ray Kelly ordering his officers to, you know, actually follow the law is a sign that we're any closer to legalization. That said, I agree with RS that it is inevitable, I just think most of their reasons are pretty stupid.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

whatapiper

It's looking pretty good for us up here in WA...  :smoke:
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

mistercharlie

Quote from: whatapiper on October 02, 2012, 07:56:20 PM

Maybe I need to start trying to get the wife to move there instead of CO, she lived in Oregon for a few years and she loves the pacific northwest.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

runawayjimbo

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 03, 2012, 07:28:38 AM

Maybe I need to start trying to get the wife to move there instead of CO, she lived in Oregon for a few years and she loves the pacific northwest.

Yeah, but unfortunately until the federal law is changed, these exercises in state self-governance are completely futile. Or so I've been told.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

phil

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 03, 2012, 10:38:10 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on October 03, 2012, 07:28:38 AM

Yeah, but unfortunately until the federal law is changed, these exercises in state self-governance are completely futile. Or so I've been told.

Judging from his track record, Uncle Sam hates state self-governance. Only a matter of time before the federals invade the weed states.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Undermind

This is the first time I've volunteered to call anybody for a political reason.  I must be a stoner. :)
http://www.talkitupcolorado.org/call
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Undermind

Guyute

Connecticut decriminalized and medical use went into effect on 10/1.
Prescription time
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Guyute on October 05, 2012, 03:47:44 PM
Prescription time

Decriminalized is really all I could hope for. A $50 fine and no criminal record for amounts up to 4oz? That works for me. Seriously.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Guyute

Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 05, 2012, 04:18:03 PM
Quote from: Guyute on October 05, 2012, 03:47:44 PM
Prescription time

Decriminalized is really all I could hope for. A $50 fine and no criminal record for amounts up to 4oz? That works for me. Seriously.

Yeah, just a ticket so it doesn't appear on job apps even if caught.  I suddenly have a bunch of professional friends who are no longer hiding the fact that smoke and everyone seems to now have it on hand.  Sudden change
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

PIE-GUY

I live in Austin where the official policy on pot is "catch and release." They arrest and book you at the station but they never put you in a cell. You pay the fine or set a court date to enter mine the fine or whatever and then you walk out of there. Cross our northern border into Williamson county and everything changes. You could go to jail for six months for a joint.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul