News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-08-31 - Dick's - Commerce City, CO - Post Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, September 01, 2018, 09:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

2018-08-31 Dick's

Soundcheck:
Thread, Jam (approx 20 min). About 6 minutes of noodling in between Thread and the jam.

Set I:
Free * > Harry Hood**, What's The Use?, Blaze On, Ghost^ > Crosseyed & Painless @ > Simple > Cavern

Set II:
No Men In No Man's Land > Carini > Theme From the Bottom > Mercury, Light

Encore:
Martian Monster > Julius

*Eminence Front (The Who)
**Eminence Front (The Who and possible Fame (David Bowie) teases
^Under Pressure (Queen/Bowie) tease
@Odd Couple Theme Song tease
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Currently dl'ing the show, so I just copy&pasted  RJ's setlist from the LST. Looks like a good one though!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Bobafett

Dare I say best of the summer? 

I'm listening to it again while knocking out some prep work this morning and it's great right out of the gates.  Everyone was on point.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

mehead

Quote from: Bobafett on September 01, 2018, 09:58:16 AM
Dare I say best of the summer? 

I'm listening to it again while knocking out some prep work this morning and it's great right out of the gates.  Everyone was on point.

Yes, best of the summer.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Marmar

Show was fire.

Song selection = on point
Execution = on point
Energy = on point

Being slapped by Phish Dick whilst shroomin my ass off on the couch.......

PRICELESS
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

ph92

Shit was fire.

That's my assessment of this show.

But seriously that Ghost->C&P may have been the butteriest segue in 3.0.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

ytowndan

I haven't relistened yet, but last night I was completely sold on the idea of it being the best of the summer.  Stoked for tonight! 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

What is it that trey is teasing around 9 minutes into Free? I now that riff, but I can't place it. This Hood is FIRE! Good show so far.

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 01, 2018, 01:13:01 PM
What is it that trey is teasing around 9 minutes into Free? I now that riff, but I can't place it. This Hood is FIRE! Good show so far.

Uh, read your OP?   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

gah

Quote from: Hicks on September 01, 2018, 01:13:43 PM

:shakehead:

:smoke:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mistercharlie

Quote from: gah on September 01, 2018, 01:25:09 PM
Quote from: Hicks on September 01, 2018, 01:13:43 PM

:shakehead:

:smoke:

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard  True, and also...

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 01, 2018, 09:21:46 AM
Currently dl'ing the show, so I just copy&pasted  RJ's setlist from the LST. Looks like a good one though!

Didn't really read it before posting it. I glanced so the show would be a semi-surprise when I listened to it.

rowjimmy

Haven't listened back but pretty much loved this show last night.

Here's the HFPod Quick Hit: https://hfpod.simplecast.fm/3313fbd3

I'm not on it and I haven't listened but I'm pretty sure they liked it too.

VA $l!m

BTW the riff is clearly Eminence front.  ITs the exact melody from the "Come and join the party dressed to kill" part of the song.
In fact i coulda sworn Trey did that lick all the time when the jam switches to that minor part.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

Just noticed Trey teasing the Theme Song from The Odd Couple in C&P.