News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Megafaun

Started by rowjimmy, January 19, 2011, 01:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Kind of cruel to bump this thread with no actual news.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on September 29, 2022, 11:30:20 AMKind of cruel to bump this thread with no actual news.
Same damn thing I thought! I saw it and got super excited and then... nothing. It's Zooma Tour all over again!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

I guess I should have closed with one of these -
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on September 29, 2022, 11:30:20 AMKind of cruel to bump this thread with no actual news.

Freal

mbw

Caravan2001

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

While we're all here,

My friend Warren is releasing this terrific 2xLP live record for Phil Cook entitled "From The Kitchen"

https://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/album/from-the-kitchen

It's terrific.

mistercharlie

Thanks for the heads-up!  :music:

rowjimmy

Buffalo Budd

Thank you RJ, Christmas in January.  :beers:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Relevant to persons who follow this thread:
https://jagjaguwar.com/artist/deyarmond-edison/

QuoteThe only reason you may know DeYarmond Edison—the short-lived band at the core of this 5-LP, 4-CD, 60,000-word tome, Epoch—is that it birthed two other bands you almost absolutely know: Bon Iver and Megafaun.
And no, birthed is not too strong a word. When the Wisconsin-founded quartet broke up in August 2006 in their new hometown of Raleigh, North Carolina, three-quarters of the band started Megafaun within days. Within weeks, Justin Vernon was returning north, shaping Bon Iver amid his season of hibernation. The ideas that DeYarmond Edison developed together unequivocally prompted its more famous successors, splitting it apart before you or most anyone else could know about it. One aim of Epoch is to offer retrospective insight, or to trace For Emma, Forever Ago and Bury the Square, Heretofore and 22, A Million back to true headwaters: these bonds of small-town childhood friendship and collective artistic ambition, even if they became too much to bear.

I just received my copy of this box and it's amazing. You can hear DeYarmond Edison dissolving and Megafaun & Bon Iver splintering into existence.

Really great shit.

Also:
I'm seeing Phil Cook play a solo piano gig on Saturday!

Hicks

That sounds cool. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Wow RJ, that is some great stuff.