News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

3/6/09 Wish List

Started by Undermind, October 12, 2008, 08:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiamiPhish

Quote from: gimmetela on October 13, 2008, 12:20:16 PM
i'm the same...a ticket, an airline ticket, and maybe a fellow 'pauger to hitch a ride with to the coliseum complete with a couple brews in the lot....that's my wish list.
it doesn't matter to me what they play as long as they bring it.

Couldn't have put it any better myself

McGrupp

Quote from: antelope19 on October 13, 2008, 09:44:47 AM
My wish list includes one thing, and one thing only.  A ticket.  If I'm in there, I don't give 2 shits what they play.  It'll be so much fun it doesn't really matter to me. 

Yep. Give me a ticket and some phish phire and my wishes will be granted.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mattstick

Quote from: blatboom on October 13, 2008, 09:52:56 AM
Quote from: mattstick on October 13, 2008, 09:41:10 AM

Didn't they end the Hampton '03 run with Friday?

I got it, if you didn't get it, maybe you will someday.

yeah, that was sorta the point of my joke.  And no, I doubt I'll ever get it.

Well, Phish would suck if every song was Llama. Think of the GD playing Baby Blue or Brokedown. Friday is a heartfelt, chilled out song that provided a nice bookend for those of us that went to all 4 of those first shows back.

G. Augusto

I just wanna hang with Matt, pass a joint back and forth and dance our asses off.
High fives are optional, Matt.
a

sophist

Quote from: G. Augusto on October 13, 2008, 12:56:56 PM
I just wanna hang with Matt, pass a joint back and forth and dance our asses off.
a
but head gear is mandatory. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Gumbo72203

do they really not sell beer inside?  I heard matt say that, I think.

anyway....

3/6/09:

Set I:  Bathtub Gin > Maze, Lawn Boy, Water In The Sky, Heavy Things, Runaway Jim > ACDC Bag > Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley > Ghost > Pebbles and Marbles

Set II:  Halley's Comet > 2001 > Roggae* > Fast Enough For You, Divided Sky**, Llama, Mango Song > Cavern

Encore:  You Enjoy Myself

* - complete, jammed-out, 14 minutes long, with ending jammed into the begining of FEFY
** - glow war during pause
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mattstick

a
* mattstick puts Aug at the top of the list.

You smoke w33d?

blatboom

Quote from: mattstick on October 13, 2008, 12:55:33 PM
Quote from: blatboom on October 13, 2008, 09:52:56 AM
Quote from: mattstick on October 13, 2008, 09:41:10 AM

Didn't they end the Hampton '03 run with Friday?

I got it, if you didn't get it, maybe you will someday.

yeah, that was sorta the point of my joke.  And no, I doubt I'll ever get it.

Well, Phish would suck if every song was Llama. Think of the GD playing Baby Blue or Brokedown. Friday is a heartfelt, chilled out song that provided a nice bookend for those of us that went to all 4 of those first shows back.

heh.  I got no problem with a ballads and it's obvious Trey loves em.  I just happen to really dislike Friday.  I'm sure we can find one you don't like.

actually I do have a problem with 1 song ballad encores most of the time and I happen to feel like they shoulda capitalized on the energy that was in that room (I was at all 3 Hampton shows).  no biggie, it's not like it ruined my memory of it or anything.

mattstick

I stopped questioning what they chose to play a long time ago.

Some of my favorite post-hiatus moments were ballads at odd times: Bug on 12/02/03 and All Of These Dreams on 8/09/04.

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on October 13, 2008, 01:14:17 PM
a
* mattstick puts Aug at the top of the list.

You smoke w33d?

You ever see Phish. . .       ON WEED?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

blatboom

Quote from: mattstick on October 13, 2008, 02:01:57 PM
I stopped questioning what they chose to play a long time ago.

Some of my favorite post-hiatus moments were ballads at odd times: Bug on 12/02/03 and All Of These Dreams on 8/09/04.

:lol:  That's probably a good outlook to have, cause that AotD II opener was one of the worst travesties I've had the pleasure of witnessing  :wink:

thinking about it...personally the best placement of a ballad I remember was the '03 Greensboro Mist which I'm pretty sure saved me from having a heart-attack.

Just to be on topic, I honestly don't care what they play or open with on 3/6/09, so long as it seems like they're actually trying this time around.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mattstick on October 12, 2008, 10:39:31 PM

Back to the first post in this thread, I would seriously consider walking out on any show that had Vultures followed by My Soul deep in the second set.

They followed Vultures with My Soul deep into the 2nd set 08-11-1997 @ Deer Creek, and while that show was not as amazing as the night before, It still rocked my socks off.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

blatboom

Quote from: Mistercharlie on October 13, 2008, 02:36:00 PM

Back to the first post in this thread, I would seriously consider walking out on any show that had Vultures followed by My Soul deep in the second set.

They followed Vultures with My Soul deep into the 2nd set 08-11-1997 @ Deer Creek, and while that show was not as amazing as the night before, It still rocked my socks off.

What Matt meant to say is he would give his left nut to hear Phish play Friday 5 times in a row every day.

mistercharlie

gottcha! and after looking back on the 08-11-97 setlist they played  Piper, Vultures, My Soul, YEM to end the second set, Just like in the first posts wishlist.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

redrum

Quote from: blatboom on October 13, 2008, 02:38:06 PM
Quote from: Mistercharlie on October 13, 2008, 02:36:00 PM

What Matt meant to say is he would give his left nut to hear Phish play Friday 5 times in a row every day.

until the day he dies.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.