News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/07 - Susquehanna Bank Center - Camden, NJ - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Rift, June 07, 2009, 11:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rift

I'd like to thank everyone who was there that requested Tube. Short and sweet and talk about a throwdown of FUNK!

NICE!!!  :-D

Trey seems quite chatty. Good to hear him interacting with the crowd again. This really is a damn good show.
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

Gumbo72203

listening to Fee...

Trey needs to lose the distortion, man...  he just basically stops playing.  Its not bad, but you can tell he knows his distorion tone at the beginning ain't doin it for the song.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

whatapiper

anyone hear the wolfmans yet, absolutely killin it! you can tell the crowd us psyched, so far imo, tightest playing by far...so far

MSO is great!
46 days and the momentum does not slow down
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

williaa

Heluva a first Phish show for me!

They KILLED Sand tonight, the jam at the end is blissful.  Loving every second of it.  Its gonna be a long 10 days for me until Burgettstown

whatapiper

Quote from: williaa on June 08, 2009, 03:04:05 AM
Heluva a first Phish show for me!

They KILLED Sand tonight, the jam at the end is blissful.  Loving every second of it.  Its gonna be a long 10 days for me until Burgettstown

Congrats :beers: your first show is a gem
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

mattstick

Great setlist, but rather typical versions so far.  Nothing special in the Wolfmans or Tube, imo.

Sand on the other hand has a wild jam, reminds me of the epic TAB PNC02 Sand.

antelope19

Quote from: Rift on June 08, 2009, 02:41:12 AM
I'd like to thank everyone who was there that requested Tube. Short and sweet and talk about a throwdown of FUNK!

NICE!!!  :-D

Trey seems quite chatty. Good to hear him interacting with the crowd again. This really is a damn good show.

We started that out on the lawn! 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sprobeck

My Aunt and I loved the show! She gave it 5 out of 5 stars. Said she "gets it." She understands why people love  :phish: so much.  I had a blast!  :banana:
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

khalpin

God, I had an absolute blast last night.  I can't wait to hear this one again and see if the show was as good as it sounded last night.  I was feeling no pain, so I can't be sure, but I thought they sounded f'ing fantastic.  I danced my ass off.  What a perfect day/night.  I only regret not being able to hang out with the fellow paugers for longer. 

Gumbo72203

Well I'll be a good god-damn lickity-splittin son of a bitch...

This show is outa control.  The Sand takes a LONG time to get going...  but holy ass-fucking Peter North does it get there!!!  The jam at the end of that shit...   wow.  Thats like...   wow. 

Not ONLY is it Hose-shrage, its THEMATIC.  I couldn't fuckin believe it.  That shit was fucking unbelievable.  Unbelievable.  Hands down the best thing they've done this tour.  The JB Drowned rages more on the whole, but its shorter, and not quite as thematic, ALTHOUGH Trey IS playing Satisfaction at the end...  hehe. 

Matt, how can you not think this Tube has anything interesting?  Has Page EVER used the clav?  And Trey is doin this weird like, descending sliding chord shit...   and we get to hear feedback from PAGE!!!  Thats crazy!  I guess I see where you're coming from, though...  right when it begins to get interesting, FISHMAN cuts it off after only like 8 bars of Page playing the piano, which I thought was sick. 

but yeah...  i get what you're saying.  Its definitely good, but...  eh.

lol....  "well we might as well play this one now..."   I'm really digging this First Tube.  Page is ALL OVER this one!!!  I LOVE his subtle piano tickling before the 2nd verse, when Trey begins the loop.  Holy crap.  whoah.  Has Page ever played piano during the high part where Trey plays off-beats way high up the neck?  That was crazy.  eeeh...  flub.  thats okay, very good recovery. 

ahhh i loved Page's little lick at the start of the outro jam!!!  Too bad he didn't keep on that... 

could this be the first appearance of the backwards guitar this tour, too?  Interesting that he doesn't keep with it, though...  first non-backwards First Tube guitar solo?  He's killin this tho.  Good sign with all the whammy-shit he's doing at the end.....  he doesn't wanna stop; i almost thought they were gonna go back into the jam climax again, haha

Suzy seems kinda weak to me, though...  not sure why.  They seem tired, sort of...  except Page.  Fishman needs to just stop yelling; its kinda pathetic, and brings down the energy of the song, imo.  If he's gonna still do it, he should do something funny like, do a short little "ahhh" in high pitched voice or something. 

Whoaaahhhhhh   i REALLY REALLY like how this Tweezer jam is starting off!!!!  this is mad cool

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

RabeldyNugs

Is this the only set 2 closer of Tweezer except for 11-14-91? How many shows is that? Can someone verify.

Also, the only other set closer of Tweezer was during SET I of 6-18-04.

Can't wait to give me a listen right now.
:phish:
I'm dead sober right now, but when I try to read that Gumbo post, I swear to god it feels like I am tripping face.

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/RabeldyNugs

Gumbo72203

This Wolfman's is pretty bitchin, too...  Trey is doing some GREAT soloing.  I can't imagine how anyone would think theres nothing special in this Wolfman's...   strange.  This is great. 

Tweezer was off teh hook, too.  Whoaaahhhh Wolfmans!!!!!   7:36-8:12 is just absolutely nasty!!!!!!  Sick peaking!!!!!  Very clever lead-guitar return to the Wolfman's progression, too. 

That was definitely awesome.  Definitely. 

alcoholandcoffeebeans

i've only gotten to listen to CDT and Fee so far.... but damn. fee's badass.

off to nanny for a few hours.. rest assured when i get back cleaning my apt WILL involve this show on any and all speakers in this joint! :)

you lucky SOBs last night.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.