News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/09 - Asheville Civic Center - Asheville, NC - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Rift, June 09, 2009, 11:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

SpidermanTUba

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 20, 2009, 10:18:30 AM
Some good pics there. As a sidenote, I had a dream about Asheville last night. Not the show, the city. Man, it was my first time there, and I can't wait to go back and explore more of the downtown and maybe go hiking around there.

For future reference to all those who go to Asheville in the future - if you are entering and/or leaving the city on I-40 through Tennessee, you'll want to stop at the Waterville Road Exit. Its exit 451 on the Tennessee side of the border. If coming from Asheville, its the first exit after crossing the NC/TN border, if coming the other way its the last exit before hitting the border.

There's absolutely nothing there except the pigeon river. Its also where the Appalachian Trail crosses I40. Its a perfect spot to stop and do whatever you like, there's no one there at all, and no buildings at all either, and its beautiful. I've known about the spot for years and always stop by there to worship keeb whenever possible when going through the area. Don't worry about getting bothered by anyone, I spent a a day camped out at that location when I was hiking the AT, and other than the occasional hiker, didn't see a soul, not even a tree pig

here's a map. its real easy to get to coming back from NC though, just the first exit after crossing the border.

when getting off, keep going till you get to the bridge that goes over the river, then cross the river on the bridge, and hang your first left and you'll see a parking area down by the river. I've never seen a car there other than my own.

another real cool spot in the area is Max Patch. Its the tallest peak (or one of) in the area and its completely bald on top, so there is this spectacular 360 degree view of the surrounding mountains from the top. its possible to drive all the way up to about 1/4 mile short of the top. i'm not sure on directions, i first found that peak when I was on the AT (the AT crosses right over the top), but then came back a few years later by car and I recall it was awful hard to find, but it is accessible. So I wouldn't try to go there just for a quick peak, prepare to put some time into getting there.

LSU FOOTBALL
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
1958 2003 2007

LSU BASEBALL
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
1991 1993 1996 1997 2000 2009

SpidermanTUba

LSU FOOTBALL
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
1958 2003 2007

LSU BASEBALL
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
1991 1993 1996 1997 2000 2009

mistercharlie

So I'm rocking out to this Ghost tonight and I hear something that caught my attention, but I can't figure out what it is. Trey plays something at about 7:30 into the song that sounds very familiar. Anybody know what it is?

[smg id=709 type=av]
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 18, 2010, 10:58:32 PM
So I'm rocking out to this Ghost tonight and I hear something that caught my attention, but I can't figure out what it is. Trey plays something at about 7:30 into the song that sounds very familiar. Anybody know what it is?

[smg id=709 type=av]

My guess is that it is the Asheville Ghost  :wink:....my 2 cents....

mistercharlie

Watched Ghost -> FEFY last night and was reminded how awesome this Ghost was!!!  :beerbang:

I still want to know what the hell that is that Trey is playing in the clip that I posted above. It seems way too well thought out to be something that he just came up with, especially since this is 3.0 and all.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: caravan2001 on April 18, 2010, 11:55:03 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 18, 2010, 10:58:32 PM

[smg id=709 type=av]

My guess is that it is the Asheville Ghost  :wink:....my 2 cents....

That's exactly what it is.  It's called sweet ass improv baby!

McGrupp

It's a pretty fuckin good jam. I actually love the phrase about 10-15 seconds after you cut the clip off. Anyone know which one I'm talking about?
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?