News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/27/14 Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, CA

Started by Bobafett, October 28, 2014, 03:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobafett

Phish: Mon, Oct 27, 2014

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, CA

Set 1: Walfredo, Ocelot > Camel Walk, Axilla, Rift, 555, Maze, Brian and Robert, Stash, Party Time, 46 Days

Set 2: Sand > Birds of a Feather, Waiting All Night, Ghost > Bug > Seven Below > I Didn't Know, Chalk Dust Torture, Also Sprach Zarathustra > Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore: Take Me Out to the Ballgame[1], Winterqueen, A Day in the Life

[1] Phish debut; full band instrumental

Notes: Walfredo was played for the first time since June 27, 2010 (186 shows).  Trey teased Simple in Camel Walk.  Take Me Out to the Ballgame was a Phish debut, and was played as an instrumental by the whole band.  Also, fuck off!

First at bat with this shit, but here ya go!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

cactusfan

my 50th show. my first Walfredo.

first set was great through Maze. didn't flow as well after that, but Party Time and 46 Days were entertaining.

second had a lot of nice playing, but it flowed kind of strangely.
they brought Sand to someplace very cool, at which point Trey aborted into Birds.
i'm not sure what happened at the start of Ghost, but the jam was dark and unusual for a long time, then petered out a bit at the end.
Trey and Page were looking at each other intently while playing in another key or something during the first part of Ghost, so perhaps it was all on purpose? or a screw up turned into something? maybe it'll be clearer listening at home.

2001 was unusually trippy. unless that's just how they play it now. haven't heard one lately. i liked it.

tomorrow night in the square behind Civic Center, across the street from which is Bill Graham, they're going to show the world series game on a big screen. it's going to be a crazy clusterfuck down there of drunks, hippies, and drunk hippies. and another on weds if it goes to seven.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

First second set "I Didn't Know" since '99.
(big wh00p)

Listening to an aud now. First set was enjoyable albeit fairly grounded.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

Ghost intro is just a test to see who is paying attention in the band.

mehead

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 28, 2014, 09:57:58 AM

First song I went to this morning.  I couldnt tell if i dug it or hated it.  Either way, it was weird.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mehead on October 28, 2014, 10:17:32 AM

First song I went to this morning.  I couldnt tell if i dug it or hated it.  Either way, it was weird.

Once they get on the same page, it's cool.

mehead

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 28, 2014, 11:01:17 AM
Quote from: mehead on October 28, 2014, 10:17:32 AM

Once they get on the same page, it's cool.

agree

rowjimmy

(for bvaz)
The FOB Schoeps 4v > mk222 t00bes sounds pretty good but I'd bet the 21s sound better when they turn up (if they haven't already.)

emay

(not for bvaz)

this maze is pretty decent, best thing in the first set

DoW

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 28, 2014, 01:52:38 PM
(for bvaz)
The FOB Schoeps 4v > mk222 t00bes sounds pretty good but I'd bet the 21s sound better when they turn up (if they haven't already.)
I've just been grabbing the first source Chris has been putting up just to listen to.
I'm sure he'll post the 24 bits once he can catch up and then I'll grab the one source to keep.
The tapes have sounded good as these guys always post good sources.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

runawayjimbo

Has anyone checked on blat after this thread was started? His OCD must be raging.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Bobafett

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 28, 2014, 03:20:13 PM
Has anyone checked on blat after this thread was started? His OCD must be raging.

I can't believe I haven't been smited!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

mattstick