News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/05 - Riverbend Music Ctr - Cincinnati, OH - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by fauxpaxfauxreal, June 05, 2011, 11:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 07, 2011, 09:05:46 AM

Sometimes that happens to the best of us. When Walls started at DC last year Heath and I didn't recognize it right away.

When Walls happened in Manchester last Fall, I think I was the only one in my general area of the arena who was flipping shit.  Same with Alumni, but WTU picked up on that fucking instantly, before I realized it. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mattstick

If you guys had seen a lot of 03/04 shows, I'd doubt you'd flip for Walls Of The Cave.

Gumbo72203

I wish I could have seen those shows, because Walls is awesome.  Same with Seven Below and Waves, and Scents and Subtle Sounds.  There were good things in PH I wish I could've seen, hence the elation at their random placements now.

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mattstick

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 07, 2011, 01:01:24 PM
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on June 07, 2011, 09:09:49 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on June 07, 2011, 09:05:46 AM
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on June 07, 2011, 09:02:54 AM
Quote from: Declan on June 06, 2011, 07:47:33 PM
glad mound was played to remind everyone that phish is indeed a dorky band.  That is unless the 3.0 hipsters were too high and thought it was a badass possum jam.

there were a bunch of clueless people when this started... which really caught me off guard.
but i'm a rift junkie, so yeah.

Sometimes that happens to the best of us. When Walls started at DC last year Heath and I didn't recognize it right away.

no no, i meant people not knowing it caught me off guard. ask the three people standing next to me when it started... i almost pissed myself.

Def glad to hear Mound. I also liked the Fee> #line, and boogie on from this show...anyhow, glad you had a good time, and are off to the beach soon!  :beers:

:lol:  :beers:
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

G. Augusto

Quote from: mattstick on June 07, 2011, 03:41:09 PM
Camden 03 WOTC blew my mind.

For the time period, those were two perfect shows.
Especially coming of a lackluster Southern run and heading into IT, those two shows were pretty damn solid.

Scents, Chalk, Twist, YEM, Walls, Wolfman's and Piper all crush what's going on right now.
(Maybe the 12-04-2009 YEM is better... :wink:)

mattstick

susep

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 07, 2011, 03:23:00 PM
Same with Seven Below and Waves, and Scents and Subtle Sounds.  There were good things in PH I wish I could've seen, hence the elation at their random placements now.

the jams that came out of Scents and Subtle Sounds(and Discern to a lesser extent) in July/Aug. 2003 was the defining "sound" for their then new jam style.  nowadays in 3.0 there isn't an emerging style or metamorphosis, its preety much been Trey leads > brief funk > Page led "the aliens are landing" ambient thrust into next tune. 

cactusfan

Quote from: G. Augusto on June 07, 2011, 05:41:00 PM
Quote from: mattstick on June 07, 2011, 03:41:09 PM
Camden 03 WOTC blew my mind.

For the time period, those were two perfect shows.
Especially coming of a lackluster Southern run and heading into IT, those two shows were pretty damn solid.

Scents, Chalk, Twist, YEM, Walls, Wolfman's and Piper all crush what's going on right now.
(Maybe the 12-04-2009 YEM is better... :wink:)

i've only kept handy a small selection of '03 shows, and those two are among them.
think i'll give 'em a spin, for the first time in ages, and see how they compare to all of this new phish i've been listening to...

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

susep

Gumbo72203

Quote from: mattstick on June 07, 2011, 06:38:02 PM
2nd longest Hood ever @ Camden 03 too.

Honestly, in my mind, that one is 2nd only to 12/30/95 for best Hood ever, in my personal log of favorites.  I'd rate that 03 Hood up there with greatest jams of all time; it just so perfectly and smoothly weaves and bobs into all sorts of great places, before finally settling on the closing chords.  Given the equally-lengthy, yet absolutely boring and atrocious Twist that came the day before, I was expecting the worst when I finally listened to that Hood, but that channels the 7/30 Scents in terms of various explorational landing spots.

fauxpaxfauxreal

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!