News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/02/2017 - MSG, New York, NY

Started by PIE-GUY, August 02, 2017, 11:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gainesvillegreen

This Mike's is everything it's cracked up to be.
Love Page's work once they move into the second part of the jam, very tasty.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

susep

Taste is amazing.  Great thematic playing with an undercurrent of abandonment.  Reminds of a '74 Playing.

emay

This 2nd segment Mikes jam is killer. So good to see them bust into this again. Def better than the Nashville version, but so much hype over the BD I can see why it got overlooked. I like the chill jam state it gets back to around 11 minutes and Page rages this peak. Jam comes together nicely before the O Holy night

Taste is really good too.

Also dont sleep on this jammed Meat

Hicks

Quote from: emay on August 09, 2017, 10:58:01 PM
This 2nd segment Mikes jam is killer. So good to see them bust into this again. Def better than the Nashville version, but so much hype over the BD I can see why it got overlooked. I like the chill jam state it gets back to around 11 minutes and Page rages this peak. Jam comes together nicely before the O Holy night

Ha, I listened to portions of this show today too, definitely the best Mikes since Cinci 03 and a contender for best Taste ever. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

ph92

Shit was so hot. I was listening while driving on the highway (don't do this)... I looked down and I was going ~25 over. This also happens to me pretty often with old 94 barn burners. So it's definitely a good sign.

I absolutely love the electricity in the crowd when they start that 2nd jam. The place sounds like the roof just got ripped off.

Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

gah

Quote from: ph92 on August 09, 2017, 11:52:08 PM

Shit was so hot. I was listening while driving on the highway (don't do this)... I looked down and I was going ~25 over. This also happens to me pretty often with old 94 barn burners. So it's definitely a good sign.

I absolutely love the electricity in the crowd when they start that 2nd jam. The place sounds like the roof just got ripped off.

HA! I've gotten a coulpe speeding tickets because of the phish. One was a maze, the other an antelope.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

Raged this Mike's this morning.
Very nice.

anthrax

i just relistened to this too.  the >o holy night segment wasn't nearly as eerie on the recording as i remember it, but still pretty awesome.

mattstick

This Mike's jam is my personal highlight of the Baker's Dozen.

jam>

My 18 year old brother's second show (8/1 was his first). Our first time tripping our balls off together. Good times!

gah

Quote from: mattstick on August 10, 2017, 11:35:54 AM

This Mike's jam is my personal highlight of the Baker's Dozen.

ohhh man, picking a fav is gonna be hard and take awhile for me. Lots of material to relisten to still. The mikes is up there tho.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

Quote from: anthrax on August 10, 2017, 11:28:48 AM
i just relistened to this too.  the >o holy night segment wasn't nearly as eerie on the recording as i remember it, but still pretty awesome.

Quite.

ph92

Quote from: gah on August 10, 2017, 10:47:25 AM
Quote from: ph92 on August 09, 2017, 11:52:08 PM

HA! I've gotten a coulpe speeding tickets because of the phish. One was a maze, the other an antelope.
Yes, those are main offenders. As well as super psychedelic 72/73 PITB
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

birdman

Quote from: jam> on August 10, 2017, 11:48:42 AM
My 18 year old brother's second show (8/1 was his first). Our first time tripping our balls off together. Good times!
right on. Teach a man to phish.....
Paug FTMFW!

jam>

Quote from: birdman on August 11, 2017, 07:54:44 AM
Quote from: jam> on August 10, 2017, 11:48:42 AM
right on. Teach a man to phish.....
:beers: