News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-07-28 LA Forum- Inglewood, CA

Started by PIE-GUY, July 29, 2018, 02:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

2018-07-28 LA Forum- Inglewood, CA

Set I: Julius, Suzy Greenberg, Timber (Jerry), Soul Shakedown Party, Kill Devil Falls, 555, Your Pet Cat, Tide Turns, No Men in No Man's Land, Bathtub Gin

Set II: Gotta Jibboo, Fuego, Birds of a Feather, Meatstick, Soul Planet, Wingsuit, Cavern

E: Sparkle, Character Zero
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Caravan2001

This thread has been up for 12 hours with nary a comment.  I thought it was decent. Timber was great, Soul Shakedown is always a welcome kickdown.  Like No Men's in first set.  Second set kind of lost me but Cat Planet and Wingsuit were awesome.  Trey was giving it a good effort at the end of Zero too.

mattstick

I made another espresso during KDF cause I thought the show was going places.

It went places but not as I'd hoped really...

West coast couch tour is tough biz

mistercharlie

I listened to Set I while cutting the grass this morning, and I really dug Timber, KDF, Soul Shakedown, NMINML, and the Gin. I really love Your Pet Cat, but Sometimes I wish Page wouldn't use the cat sound so much during the jammy bits.

I need to give it a more critical listen and start set II.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mehead

Making my way through my first listen. Not often I say this but man, I'm digging this KDF.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mistercharlie

Quote from: mehead on July 29, 2018, 07:06:53 PM
Making my way through my first listen. Not often I say this but man, I'm digging this KDF.

QFT. The only other one that I can even remember giving a second listen to was Bonnaroo.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mehead

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 29, 2018, 07:58:15 PM

QFT. The only other one that I can even remember giving a second listen to was Bonnaroo.

There is 7/31/15.

rowjimmy

There's good stuff in this show. First set is killer.
Second set could do without Meatstick.
Also, might wanna google the lyrics to Cavern, maybe.

mehead

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 29, 2018, 11:01:02 PM
Also, might wanna google the lyrics to Cavern, maybe.

That was bad.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

mistercharlie

Quote from: mehead on July 29, 2018, 09:47:19 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on July 29, 2018, 07:58:15 PM

There is 7/31/15.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. I'll have to throw that in here at work today. Didn't it have a rotation jam in it?

emay

1rst set it kickin!

2nd set was good up to Meatstick/Soul Planet then wingsuit I was ready to sit down. Cavern fell apart, Trey seemed to be running out of steam at cavern so encore fell a little flat too.

Overall great weekend.

Gumbo72203

I thought this show was really good!  All-time KDF without question, that's fucking bonkers.  Timber is also all-time for me too.  I'm loving the Jibboo > Fuego > Birds segment. 

Although I'm curious, I'm noticing a trend in some shows with Trey like...  not singing?  It happens in Birds in this show, and it happened I think in Ghost from a few shows prior, where like during the verses where the vocals should be, there are no vocals. 

However, the Fuego and Jibboo jams from this show are fucking reallllllllll good.  Birds too.  Hit the spot for me. 

This tour is making me think of 2.0 Phish.  Lots of fire and heat, but then moments of "what the fuck?" where Trey just blows things. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mistercharlie

This Fuego is on fuckin' FIYA!!!! The entire 'Celluloid Heroes' jam at the end is why I love this band so much. Trey is toying with the guitar line and it takes me a second to figure out what that is he's playing and by the time I realize it he has turned the toying into a magnificent jam that will stand the test of time! Kinda like the 25 or 6 to 4 Stash, just not as majestic.

mistercharlie

After cutting the grass I relaxed in the batcave while the wife is out with her mom, and I had this second set BLARING. it was awesome I really can't express my love for the Celluloid Heroes Fuego enough. It 's pure bliss to me. At the 11 minute mark Trey toys with the guitar line and then the rest of the band fall in line to make this interpolation of Celluloid Heroes into Fuego. For those who don't know Celluloid Heroes... listen to the song by The Kinks and then listen to this Fuego. You'll get it and love it.  (And also, shame on you for not knowing The Kinks!)

Caravan2001

so good.  I didn't put that together but i have only heard it once.