News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Winter Storm warning!

Started by susep, December 03, 2007, 10:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunrisevt

^^^Back at'cha, babe--and thanks!  :beers:

Rain do sux. Especially when cold. I recommend whisky or brandy, in moderation, alternating with hot tea. If you're in to that kind of thing.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

jedifunk

late to this thread, but we received about 6 - 9" over the weekend here in the twin cities...
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

thechad

Up here in Northern NY we really didn't get that much of it, although it's not done yet, but we must have just caught the upper edge of the system.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: sunrisevt on December 03, 2007, 10:50:46 AM
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on December 03, 2007, 10:42:59 AM
its' 30 degrees here...
no precipitation today.
we've had rain for the past 2 days.
Ugh--I sympathize. Cold & rainy is the absolute rat's ass.

it is...
and today?
smells like one too, in town.
maybe the plants are letting all their waste out in the river today?!
...wouldn't surprise me... eww, yuck: Ohio River.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

sunrisevt

Oh, yeah--I'm pretty spoiled being out ehre in the country, surrounded by farmland on 3 sides. (Cow manure actually smells good to us hick Vermonters  :-)). But there's a paper mill right across the lake and a few miles south. Maybe 1 day out of 2 weeks we get the smell. It's god-awful.

No swimming in the Ohio, huh?

alcoholandcoffeebeans

with in 30 miles of po-dunk KY here, on the ohio river... there are:
2 nuc plants
1 paper mill
1 coke (coal refining) plant
2 steel mills
2 oil refineries
and 2 LARGE energy generators for the  mountain area.

swim in the ohio? only if you take a chemical bath afterwards...
you're only allowed to eat 6 fish a year from there.. law... if you're brave enough.

i'm 30 minutes from straight farmland. i spend my weekends out there a lot at a buddies, helping with cattle.. 4-wheelin' and gardening... along with drinking and listening to/ watching them play good tunes.

i've actually been eyeballing a few farms that might be in my price range in the next few years...
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

shoreline99

got a couple-3 inches yesterday, changed over to rain last night. all gone today :(

at least we got to play outside in the snow yesterday with the kids while it lasted!
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

sunrisevt

Quote from: shoreline99 on December 03, 2007, 02:46:12 PM
we got to play outside in the snow yesterday with the kids while it lasted!
Some of the best fun there is.

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on December 03, 2007, 02:45:12 PM
with in 30 miles of po-dunk KY here, on the ohio river... there are:
2 nuc plants
1 paper mill
1 coke (coal refining) plant
2 steel mills
2 oil refineries
and 2 LARGE energy generators for the  mountain area.

swim in the ohio? only if you take a chemical bath afterwards...
you're only allowed to eat 6 fish a year from there.. law... if you're brave enough.

i'm 30 minutes from straight farmland. i spend my weekends out there a lot at a buddies, helping with cattle.. 4-wheelin' and gardening... along with drinking and listening to/ watching them play good tunes.

i've actually been eyeballing a few farms that might be in my price range in the next few years...
YIKES. I knew it was bad from driving through there, but jeez. We're looking to buy too, in 08. Do you mean to get a working farm?

alcoholandcoffeebeans

I'm scoping out farms that are bordering one of my friend's places.
he's got a working cattle farm, at the moment... and he's looking to expand on that...

we've talked and talked and have come up, thus far, that he could use some of my land to let them roam and what not... and I'd do the garden thing for both our places.
plus the hay for the winter for the cattle we could get from both places...
I'm looking at about 160 acres. pretty penny, but worth every one...
I'd get a cut of what he'd take to the slaughter house each year and he'd get veggies & what not year round from me. plus i could get a choice of meats, too, which I'd take and give to my family because my belly doesn't like to digest red meat or pork.
then yearly, we'd share the load of the festival that we tried out this year, that went over awesomely...
like use my place for parking and his place for the actual show.
that way it can grow...  :-D

shoreline99

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on December 03, 2007, 03:16:27 PM
then yearly, we'd share the load of the festival that we tried out this year, that went over awesomely...

mandipalooza!
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

messengerbird

Driving home from work last night in Boston was a snowy one. It was slow going... about 1 inch had already fallen. I have a 75 mile drive home and it took about 3 hrs! I also saw 2 accidents. But I made it home safe and sound. Today grey and gloomy. Can't wait to make it to the slopes though, hopefully Sunday River in Maine this weekend.  :-D
Central part of town, I'm going down

Quote from: Phishy69 on January 05, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
A match made in Gamehenge  :-D

Wolfmansbrother

lots of nasty wind and snow here in State College today...
walking to class at 8am when it was about 20 degrees...with just a t-shirt and hoodie on...not a good way to start the day

EDIT: pants were included

messengerbird

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on December 03, 2007, 03:16:27 PM
I'm scoping out farms that are bordering one of my friend's places.
he's got a working cattle farm, at the moment... and he's looking to expand on that...

we've talked and talked and have come up, thus far, that he could use some of my land to let them roam and what not... and I'd do the garden thing for both our places.
plus the hay for the winter for the cattle we could get from both places...
I'm looking at about 160 acres. pretty penny, but worth every one...
I'd get a cut of what he'd take to the slaughter house each year and he'd get veggies & what not year round from me. plus i could get a choice of meats, too, which I'd take and give to my family because my belly doesn't like to digest red meat or pork.

We need more neighbors like you around..... that is what life is all about!  :-)

Central part of town, I'm going down

Quote from: Phishy69 on January 05, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
A match made in Gamehenge  :-D

alcoholandcoffeebeans

thanks, yo...

i'm gettig ready to join your kind too, if i remember correctly...
looking like i might be getting a spot in nursing school next fall  :-D

nurse anethesist, here i come!!!