News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Furthur

Started by redrum, August 23, 2009, 05:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Quote from: McGrupp on November 16, 2010, 02:07:29 PM
Quote from: Phishy69 on November 16, 2010, 01:44:19 PM
Quote from: thatfargone on November 16, 2010, 12:14:07 PM
Thats how much Furthur tix are? LOL! :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
The same could be said about Phish tickets bud.

Except for the whole "lots of tickets below face for most of the shows" thing  :wink:

Lot prices are obviously relative to the quality of the musical output.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

McGrupp

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 16, 2010, 02:08:38 PM

Except for the whole "lots of tickets below face for most of the shows" thing  :wink:

Lot prices are obviously relative to the quality of the musical output.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I like Russo, and Phil, and John K just fine...

But I'll take trey over bobby as a front man any day of the week. Both musically and personality-wise.

Having said that, I've never been too keen on the phish vs dead debate. So I'll just leave it at that.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

thatfargone

Well, lets just say if they toured at the same time I'd be very happy for the GDF kids to be out of my shows. :evil: :-P
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

sophist

Quote from: McGrupp on November 16, 2010, 02:12:17 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on November 16, 2010, 02:08:38 PM

I like Russo, and Phil, and John K just fine...

But I'll take trey over bobby as a front man any day of the week. Both musically and personality-wise.

Having said that, I've never been too keen on the phish vs dead debate. So I'll just leave it at that.
Master-debater'd
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: McGrupp on November 16, 2010, 02:12:17 PM

He started it  :wink:  I agree, let's not go down that road again.

I would pick Phish over Furthur as well but that's only because the 4 band members are still alive and playing shows.  I still don't know if I would say the jams are better quality than what Furthur has been putting out over the last tour though.  I think in 30 yrs or so, we'll look back on this time and realize we were pretty fortunate to have the chance of seeing either group still playing quality music (up for debate I'm sure) at the same time.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Phishy69 on November 16, 2010, 02:45:56 PM
I think in 30 yrs or so, we'll look back on this time and realize we were pretty fortunate to have the chance of seeing either group still playing quality music at the same time.

Hear, hear, lies the truth!!!
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

justjezmund

im off to the races.  BOOM!!!
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: JustJezmund on November 16, 2010, 05:18:05 PM
Have a good time man, I know you will  :beers:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Phishy69 on November 16, 2010, 05:34:56 PM
Quote from: JustJezmund on November 16, 2010, 05:18:05 PM
Have a good time man, I know you will  :beers:

Hope you'll be doing a little of this  :beers: then a little of this  :smoke: then maybe you'll  :banana: until you  :crazy: Have a great show JJ, I will again patiently await a review so that I may vicariously relive the experience.  :wink:

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: sophist on November 15, 2010, 11:23:38 AM
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on November 15, 2010, 11:12:00 AM
glad you enjoyed the windy city, R.
twin anchors is a fun place. good beers.

and the wind farm you drive through, i was totally awe struck the first time i drove up there.
i pulled over and prolly watched them turn for like 30 minutes...
I drove slow as hell through that so I could take in and enjoy the awesomeness of it.  I have to say, that was one of the coolest drives I have done in a long time.  I got to drive through the Appalachian mountains in Tennessee and Kentucky, and then the plains of Indiana was really cool too.  The final drive into Chicago from Midway Airport is so awesome, and I can't say enough about Lake Shore Drive.  So amazing. 

I can't wait to return.   

it's super cool to watch the change in the lay of the land from KY>Chicago.

anytime you need a tag-along, give me more notice and i'll meet you in lex/'ville area :)

oh, and...

Quote from: McGrupp on November 15, 2010, 11:23:18 AM
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on November 15, 2010, 11:12:00 AM
glad you enjoyed the windy city, R.
twin anchors is a fun place. good beers.

and the wind farm you drive through, i was totally awe struck the first time i drove up there.
i pulled over and prolly watched them turn for like 30 minutes...

heady.

:wink:

fack ya ;)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Superfreakie

WOW WHAT A SECOND SET FOR TONIGHT'S SHOW. I'm willing to bet a certain someone got their face melted this evening:

Furthur
Sovereign Center, Reading, PA
Tue. Nov. 16, 2010

Set 1

Celebration
Big River
Bertha
Sittin' On Top Of The World
High On A Mountain >
Greatest Story Ever Told
China Cat Sunflower >
Come Together

Set 2

Playing In The Band >
Colors of The Rain >
The Wheel >
Uncle John's Band >
Let It Grow >
Wharf Rat >
Help On The Way >
Slipknot! >
Born Cross Eyed >
Franklin's Tower

E: Johnny B Gooooooooooooode

mbw

you sure thats the setlist?  you might get some spunions doubting what they just saw....

Superfreakie

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on November 16, 2010, 11:35:49 PM
you sure thats the setlist?  you might get some spunions doubting what they just saw....

no that's it, encore was Johnny be gooode

Superfreakie

::SF patiently taps keyboard while waiting for a heady JJ review::

justjezmund

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 16, 2010, 11:41:52 PM
::SF patiently taps keyboard while waiting for a heady JJ review::

i finally got home.  went to a little gas get together at a buddies, post show :-o

Tonight was fun to say the least.  Review tomorrow.

I gotta sleep though ill talk tomorrow.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.