News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Guns N' Rose 2006 Tour

Started by ma215, November 11, 2006, 01:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ma215

Has anyone here caught on of the shows this tour? I really wanted to see them at MSG tonight but tixx sold out fast. I realize Axl and Dizzy are the only former members in the band now (I believe), but Axl really was the heart and soul of the old Gn'R (w/ a lil help from Slash and crew).   A few words or a small  review of the show anyone caught would be  much appreciated as well as any info or sites w/ recent (or past) shows would be greatly appreciated. Long Live Guns N' F*ckin Roses   :banana:

And I always wished Phish would cover November rain w/ Page handling the vocals. That would have been great. Imagine the ending w/ Trey (and the boys) just ripping it. That would (or maybe someday could) be sick.

Hicks

Someone here, http://www.gnrlies.com/gnrforum/index.php, is probably much more likely to have some info for you.

If Chinese Democracy actually comes out this year, I'll shit myself.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

gainesvillegreen

^^

Aisle 4.  Aisle 4!  We have a customer who needs:

sls.stormyrider

i heard on the news tonite they cancelled one of the local shows cause they couldn't drink on stage. their reasoning is that they would be denying the fans the true GnR experience.
to each his own.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

nab

Quote from: Scott's Brain on November 11, 2006, 07:03:22 AM
They cancelled the Portland, Maine show a few days ago because they couldn't drink bottles on stage.  They were told they could drink out of cups, but since they weren't allowed to drink from a bottle, they cancelled the show (an hour before it was supposed to start). 

The local hicks sure were pissed!  I heard that there were Axl Rose death chants on the streets of Portland.

lol.  Looks like they got the real GNR experience after all.

flow00

^^^^^

:lol:

I was actually considering going to their Detroit show for the cultural experience. But I don't know.

tet

typical...   :roll:  they really did get the true GnR experience - Axl being a walking labia!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

ucusty

rowjimmy

Buddy of mine saw them @ Hammerstein earlier this year and loved it. He saw one of the recent MSG shows, however, and declared it crap.

jedifunk

fuck this... it aint GnR... no matter what axl says
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

ma215

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 04, 2006, 02:16:12 PM
heh.

Slash rules.

That's like saying Gordo rules. Yeah he does, but just like Trey, Axl is the Man in the band.

kellerb

QuoteThat's like saying Gordo rules. Yeah he does, but just like Trey, Axl is the Man in the band.

That's Nonsense.  Maybe if axl played all those guitar parts... but he didn't.  Of course, what has slash done since gnr? Wait, what has axl done since, well, the Spaghetti incident?  A whole lot of nothing on both their parts. 

What should happen:

<Axl> "Slash, me & you is like peas & carrots"

rowjimmy

hello:

You may not like it but,

• Slash kicks much ass on this record
  • It sold like mad, while that's no measure of art, it's certainly doing SOMETHING and a whole lot more than Axl

Also, Slash has those new VW commercials...