News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Remembering Shawn...

Started by tet, May 18, 2012, 11:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lifeboy

Oh my god. I can't believe this. I only met him once, in Miami, but he was a hell of a guy for sure.

I'm at a loss for words right now...

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

PIE-GUY

He took some stunning photos of our favorite band... no doubt.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sophist

Photo should be entitled "the essence of Whale."
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

barnesy305

Wow. Being relatively new here, I never had a chance to meet or truly interact with Shawn, but he seemed like a genuine and down to earth guy. He will truly be missed. Rest in peace.

WhatstheUse?

oh no.....RIP Shawn.

the world has lost a truly positive individual.

I would see Shawn at nearly every show I was at, in every corner of the country. He would never say much but the love was there.  He'd always smile, be happy to see you and couldn't be happier seeing the band he loved.

He truly made the best of what he was dealt and always carried so much positivity with him. I will miss him and I think we can all learn from his courage and positivity towards life.
Bring in the dude!

iamhydroJen

Quote from: barnesy305 on May 18, 2012, 12:35:41 PM
Wow. Being relatively new here, I never had a chance to meet or truly interact with Shawn, but he seemed like a genuine and down to earth guy. He will truly be missed. Rest in peace.

This is terrible.  I also never had the pleasure of meeting him, but his photography is spectacular.  Definitely taking some time today to look at his photos and listen to Phish... sorry to see such a talent and good human being leave the earth so soon.  I will be thinking of him, his family, and all of his friends on the paug today. :cry:
"Years later, I found out they'd signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.  The head of Decca, Dick Rowe, made a canny prediction: 'Guitar groups are on the way out, Mr. Epstein.'" - George Harrison

rowjimmy

Dude was fucking inspirational. One of the nicest and strongest people I've ever met.

Hardcore Phish fan to be sure.

When most people would have justifiably folded up and checked out of life, he lived it bigger than most healthy folk.  The solo miles he drove for shows put pretty much all of us to shame.

What a loss.

Caravan2001

Ugh...what a drag...RIP WW  :cry:

shoreline99

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 18, 2012, 12:02:27 PM
Wow. I am completely at a loss for words. Rest in peace, my brother.

I never met him in person, but was always inspired by his dedication to life, phish and photography... Rest in peace, brother.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

antelope19

:cry:

I had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with Shawn a few times.  As has already been said, he made the most of life.  What an incredible individual.  He will be missed. 

RIP
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

emay

Damn. Sad sad news. Meet him at UIC and he was so happy and great to be around.
A trooper for sure. His photos are grade A as well he will be missed very much. Was planning on meeting up with him in burgetstown. RIP Shawn

mbw

antelope19

Love and Vibes to his family as well.  You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

guyforget

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 18, 2012, 12:41:26 PM
Dude was fucking inspirational. One of the nicest and strongest people I've ever met.

When most people would have justifiably folded up and checked out of life, he lived it bigger than most healthy folk.  The solo miles he drove for shows put pretty much all of us to shame.

What a loss.

and he did it all knowing that the more he did, the more he would hurt.  and he just kept going anyway. 
-AD_

sophist

Quote from: guyforget on May 18, 2012, 12:58:49 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on May 18, 2012, 12:41:26 PM

What a loss.

and he did it all knowing that the more he did, the more he would hurt.  and he just kept going anyway.
exactly. 

It was so inspiring just to see how he lived his life. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!