News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

First Song at Hampton

Started by cactusfan, October 01, 2008, 06:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrum

speaking of laser beams, was it CK or trey that said it wasn't out of the question to possibly explore them being part of the light show in the future?
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

G. Augusto

Quote from: redrum on October 02, 2008, 10:50:26 AM
speaking of laser beams, was it CK or trey that said it wasn't out of the question to possibly explore them being part of the light show in the future?

It was you when you were all high on your gas bong.
a

antelope19

Quote from: G. Augusto on October 02, 2008, 10:51:48 AM
Quote from: redrum on October 02, 2008, 10:50:26 AM

It was you when you were all high on your gas bong.
a

ZING!!!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

gimmetela

back on topic gentlemen...

AC/DC bag?

Time to put your money where your mouth is
Put 'em in a field and let 'em fight it out
I'm running so fast my feet don't touch the ground
I'm a stranger here I'm going down

Let's get down to the nitty gritty
Let's get this show on the road
I'll show you mine if you show me yours
I'm breathing hard - open the door

Wolfmansbrother

i hope the first song is totally unexpected to be honest but i was thinking about 12/31/02 and how they opened with piper
which imo was a "safety" song to do.  its not at all complex structurally in fact its probably their simplest song and its also entirely a jam vehicle (which i can understand because they most likely wanted to come back with a bang)
basically what im getting at is i wonder if they will open with another "easy" song or if they will get ballsy and start right off with something really challenging (i.e. YEM, Divided Sky, Reba etc.) 

Mr Minor

Quote from: gimmetela on October 02, 2008, 11:16:12 AM
back on topic gentlemen...

AC/DC bag?

Time to put your money where your mouth is
Put 'em in a field and let 'em fight it out
I'm running so fast my feet don't touch the ground
I'm a stranger here I'm going down

Let's get down to the nitty gritty
Let's get this show on the road
I'll show you mine if you show me yours
I'm breathing hard - open the door

AC/DC would be cool...

Bobafett

i would love a halleys comet.  or Funky Bitch.  or Light up and leave me alone, or Mikes>whatthefuckever.  bit i did call light up in a previous thread.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Ri©h

Friday > Jennifer Dances* > Friday

(*w/Riker's Mailbox teases)

MiamiPhish

I personally think the opening song should, or will be selected by the energy and aura that song will bring.  Sure, there will be crazy energy in Hampton no matter what song they start off with, but are they going to select a song with a lyrical coincidence or connection over a song that will get the place bumping in two seconds flat?  Are they really going to start with Friday?  I don't think so.  Me, I'd like to see something that immediately shoots the energy through the roof ala Weekapaug groove, 2001, Tweezer rep... along those lines.

antelope19

No matter what, you can expect a SOAM and a Hood at some point.  They ALWAYS play those tunes at Hampton.  Maybe a SOAM opener?  I wouldn't hate it. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

gimmetela

oh! OH! i know!

Sleeping Monkey!

yes.  that's it.

MiamiPhish

Quote from: antelope19 on October 02, 2008, 12:51:14 PM
No matter what, you can expect a SOAM and a Hood at some point.  They ALWAYS play those tunes at Hampton.  Maybe a SOAM opener?  I wouldn't hate it. 
I, for one, would go ape.
Hood for the first night's encore, perhaps?  I'm also thinking they might go old school, like Oh kee pah -> Suzy G for the first night's encore, or even opener?

Mr Minor

In all honesty I will be happy with whatever they play.

gimmetela

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?