News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/07 - Greek Theatre - Berkeley, CA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by blatboom, August 08, 2010, 01:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

justjezmund

HOLY SHIT!!!!!

ok yeah i suck at phish. so i listened to this show before and really liked it, but the shit that was gettin me the most was all the love for light.  I wasnt seeing it.  It only took me till now to find why this shit is so phat.

Everyone does awesome though the chorus then it seems to go to chaotic  :crazy:  and for the first time in a while trey stepped up and took everyone mellow right before 830.  awesomely relaxed trey, not to mention everyone else.  Then at 935 min i start getting real interested.  Mike starts dropping those "dirtty bubble" bombs for a little. but trey keeps shit mellow :clap: its an awesome little theme hes got going there.  But then when i got to 1150 my mind starts getting twisted with awesome, and right at 1200 exactlly with mikes bombs and pages paser work actually in sync with trey and fish.  It felt like a bucket of awesome just got poured on me.  And its like that for the rest.  Why did it take me so long to get here?

nothing like drunk listening > drunk paugin.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

WhatstheUse?

wwoooooohhhooooo!!!!!!!!  Listening back to this second set this morning is getting me SUUUPPPERRRRR excited for phall!!!

If they can play at a consistently high level like this, I will be very pleased.

This Theme is GREAT imo, Trey is throwing in some ser thematic lines -- the lines he plays from 5:10-5:15 on the SBD gives me chills!
Bring in the dude!

McGrupp

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 01, 2010, 01:10:55 PM
wwoooooohhhooooo!!!!!!!!  Listening back to this second set this morning is getting me SUUUPPPERRRRR excited for phall!!!

If they can play at a consistently high level like this, I will be very pleased.

This Theme is GREAT imo, Trey is throwing in some ser thematic lines -- the lines he plays from 5:10-5:15 on the SBD gives me chills!

Great theme indeed! I love this song so much - and it's one of those tunes that I've been judging the band's progress by. Apparently it ain't easy to make them sound like they used to...this one comes close!
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Bob Lamonta

Today I realized that both of my favorite 3.0 summer shows took place on August 7th. The Gorge Sally jam is still my favorite jam from '09, and the second half of the Greek Light is the best thing I've heard from '10. I'm looking forward to 08/07/11, apparently.

whatapiper

yep, they are in my top 5 as well, and i was able to catch them both  :rawk:
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 16, 2010, 02:17:09 AM
I too would put both of those shows in my top 5 attended...

Maybe still true? Hard to say....

I do know that I listened back to this Light today and man, not sure if was nostalgia or what but this jam was outstanding.

Trey sounded....pretty... pretty good... they all did. They sounded... dare I say.... younger?!
Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 23, 2018, 01:11:07 AM

I do know that I listened back to this Light today and man, not sure if was nostalgia or what but this jam was outstanding.

Trey sounded....pretty... pretty good... they all did. They sounded... dare I say.... younger?!

Musically, these shows were very good...I think every night of the Baker's Dozen last summer is better than any night of this run, but whatever. Experiencing the Greek for 3 nights was beyond special. One of my overall favorite runs, for sure. Impossible to ignore how amazing every night of this run FELT in person.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

cactusfan

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 25, 2018, 10:12:45 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 23, 2018, 01:11:07 AM

Musically, these shows were very good...I think every night of the Baker's Dozen last summer is better than any night of this run, but whatever. Experiencing the Greek for 3 nights was beyond special. One of my overall favorite runs, for sure. Impossible to ignore how amazing every night of this run FELT in person.

yes, this was an incredible three nights. i wish they'd come back to the Greek sometime. and i agree about that Light, it still sounds great.

WhatstheUse?

Sup nerds.

Pretty excited (on the 3.0 scale) for tonights stream.  This show still ranks among my favorite attended.

Let's  :beerbang: :rawk: :beers:
Bring in the dude!

anthrax

Probably only heard this show once.  Never been to the greek.  Hope they're decent shots of the venue.  Let's go!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: anthrax on June 30, 2020, 08:19:58 PM
Probably only heard this show once.  Never been to the greek.  Hope they're decent shots of the venue.  Let's go!

One of the highest energy venues I've experienced. A collective "LET'S GET THE FUCK DOWN" vibe for sure.
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!