News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

anyone voting for McCain?

Started by Gumbo72203, August 21, 2008, 10:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

I probably know the answer already...  but I just thought I'd ask.  Unfortunately...  its not 100% clear-cut in my view in terms of who I want.  Everything about McCain is horrendous, except for one thing: nuclear power.  He wants to build like 45 new nuclear power plants, which would VASTLY reduce global warming, rendering ALL coal power plants obsolete, and help cut out dependence on fossil fuels.  Unfortunately, Obama is playing the typical pansy shit against nuclear power, which really is the one thing that environmentalists REALLY fucked up with.  Nuclear power could possibly be the turning point in saving our planet from itself. 

thoughts?
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

antelope19

There is ALOT of concern over Obama's plans for the economy as well.  This has been reflected in the most recent poll as Obama is now 5 points behind McCain. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Declan

yeah... nuklar power (as once said by George W. Bushwacker) would help quite a bit... but it doesn't solve our automotive problems.

This will go hand in hand with that for sure once we develop a non-emissions electric hybrid.

With the amount of bad info on McCain already out there.... how could anyone vote for this uneducated sap?

I really don't like how McCain wants to put all these facilities up when he condemns Iran so much over trying to have a few facilities of their own.

I know who I'm voting for.
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

Declan

Quote from: antelope19 on August 21, 2008, 10:58:33 AM
There is ALOT of concern over Obama's plans for the economy as well.  This has been reflected in the most recent poll as Obama is now 5 points behind McCain. 

i really hate these polls

anyone ever hear of an

Annie Korin?

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

mbw

Quoteanyone voting for McCain?

no.

Gumbo72203

nuke you-lerr!!!!    hahaha

I mean i'm definitely voting for Obama; not that either is really going to actually DO anything useful anyway.  The American society is doomed.  Give it another 100 years, and we'll be in the same situation as so many African countries.  Meanwhile, the Oil Conglomerates will have bought Hawaii and set up their own country there, rich with the spoils they wrought from the stupid people who didn't want to ride bikes or move closer to their job.  bahhh.   

not that anything is ever going to get done, anyway.  I just hope you're all preparing the speech for your grandchildren on why polar bears don't exist anymore
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

bluecaravan521

^ cynical much?

The nuclear power thing is unsettling, but I have much more faith in Obama's commitment to reducing our oil addiction, seeing as how McCain has consistently voted against much alternative energy legislation throughout his career and missed other energy votes
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

sls.stormyrider

Ever hear about Chrenoble (?sp)
3 mile island?

I think nuclear power is worth considering - carefully. Depositing waste, security, and maintenance are huge issues.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

McCain also supports short-sighted environmentally hazardous offshore drilling. In fact he supports all kinds of drilling. including  that of women that are not his wife:

Declan

hahaha, for sure

he drills like a madman

"Your a bastard from a basket!!!!!!!"

now think of McCain?

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

mattstick

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on August 21, 2008, 11:07:43 AM

no.

Probably somewhere between 48% and 51% of American voters.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on August 21, 2008, 01:16:02 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on August 21, 2008, 11:07:43 AM

no.

Probably somewhere between 48% and 51% of American voters.

And yet somewhere arounf 70% say our country is on the wrong track. How they don't see that McCain = 4 more years, I just don't get.

Bobafett

yes.  <ducks out of way>

I have catered for 2 partys at his house in PHX, and he is a really nice guy(fuckin politician), but i figure, they both really suck...i just want Colin Powell for the Veep.  and i don't think either is going to afffect me in the middle of nowhere.

And go Nuclear.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Mr Minor

Again we find ourselves in a matter of voting for the lesser of two evils.