News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Widespread Panic w/ Herring

Started by CRAZYED, October 22, 2006, 04:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRAZYED

Yeah I dont see it being a permenant thing myself which is sad, jimmy is a real good fit.  Who knows though.  They definatly brought the heat in Milwaukee, give it more time and it's just gonna keep gettin better. :beers:

sophist

I have to say the biggest improvement is the segues.  They are actually segues again. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

VA $l!m

well, went last night.
good show; had fun.
enjoyable, but just not my fav. band.

overall, i enjoyed the spacier slower tunes, over the fast funky jams--which all sounded the same to me.
herring was nice, and i really like their keyboardist the most i think... when he would solo is usually when i felt like the jams were going somewhere.

glad i saw Yonder mountain the night before for half as much... i think they had about ten times as much voodoo. :mrgreen:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA slim on October 27, 2006, 06:42:19 PM

glad i saw Yonder mountain the night before for half as much... i think they had about ten times as much voodoo. :mrgreen:
thus is the power of youth.

mattstick

One of the things I always found weird about SCI back in the day was that they were supposed to be this "up and coming" band, but their Bill Nershi already looked about 55 years old...

sophist

Do we want to move this to the "On Tour" forum now?

Thank You Matt.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sophist

Quote from: VA slim on October 27, 2006, 06:42:19 PM
well, went last night.
good show; had fun.
enjoyable, but just not my fav. band.

overall, i enjoyed the spacier slower tunes, over the fast funky jams--which all sounded the same to me.
herring was nice, and i really like their keyboardist the most i think... when he would solo is usually when i felt like the jams were going somewhere.

10/26/06 Omaha Music Hall, Omaha, NE
1: Papa Legba > Disco > One Arm Steve > Imitation Leather Shoes, Papa Johnny Road*, Arleen > Christmas Katie** > Jack > Chilly Water
2: Rock, Stop Breakin' Down Blues, Time Zones**, You Got Yours* > Driving Song* > Holden Oversoul > Drums > Time Is Free > Driving Song* > Give
E: Vampire Blues, Knocking 'Round The Zoo
* with John Keane on guitar
** with John Keane on pedal steel
['Dark Star' tease by Dave before 'Drums']

Nice looking setlist.  Was the DS tease noticable?