News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Juggalos

Started by StCarl, March 10, 2010, 04:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StCarl

So anyway last night I'm waiting for Star Trek to come on, and I catch this flipping through the channels.  I'm sure we all know about juggalos to some extent, even if only from k_b, but I learned a couple things in this sometimes entertaining Nightline segment on Juggalos, violent crime, and the Insane Clown Posse. Juggalos are now classified as a "gang" in Arizona, Utah and Monroe County, PA.  Also, ICP goes through a lot of Faygo.  I'd wondered what the connection was.  There's live footage plus interviews with Shaggy2Dope and Violent J.  What more could you want?  You say these kooky kids deserve their own thread?  Here it is.

http://www.hulu.com/embed/8nGVueCh1WeXBycnKrbegQ 9m32s
Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

Lifeboy

They're everywhere in Tulsa, Oklahoma. And they love their Faygo.

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

WhatstheUse?

These guys are still around? Wow....
Bring in the dude!

MiamiPhish

Didn't watch, but anything pertaining to ICP is automatically stutarded in my book.

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

JPhishman

100% asinine in my book...  :-P
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

justjezmund

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 10, 2010, 05:13:01 PM
thats the exact same thing i said when i flipped through tv and found pro wrestling :|
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

WhatstheUse?

As COMPLETELY RETARDED as these guys are.... I sure as hell don't think THEY are to blame for dumbass Juggalos committing murders.
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Quote from: JustJezmund on March 10, 2010, 06:58:57 PM
thats the exact same thing i said when i flipped through tv and found pro wrestling :|

lol, WWE Raw was going off next door at the Rose Garden when we saw Furthur the other night.  Quite the contrasting scenes. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

justjezmund

Quote from: Hicks on March 10, 2010, 07:20:22 PM
Quote from: JustJezmund on March 10, 2010, 06:58:57 PM

lol, WWE Raw was going off next door at the Rose Garden when we saw Furthur the other night.  Quite the contrasting scenes.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Hicks

also, when I worked at the record store and a juggalo would come in, I knew to keep my eye on them and brace myself for trouble.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

guyforget

i mean, theyre no more responsible for the violence that their fans realize than television, movies, or video games. 

but that doesnt mean that its in good taste or that they shouldnt feel somewhat responsible for weak minded, stupid, easily influenced people that enact violence on others using their influence as inspiration. 

they (icp dudes on that video) do not seem to think that their influence should be taken so seriously.  i doubt theyd feel the same way if their fans suddenly decided to take them less seriously and stopped buying the albums or coming to the shows. 

-AD_

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: guyforget on March 10, 2010, 07:37:49 PM
i mean, theyre no more responsible for the violence that their fans realize than television, movies, or video games. 

but that doesnt mean that its in good taste or that they shouldnt feel somewhat responsible for weak minded, stupid, easily influenced people that enact violence on others using their influence as inspiration. 

Very true
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Really the sad thing is that the crap that they spew is appealing to kids in the first place. 

The conditions that set them up to feel a connection to their lyrics/persona are the real problem.