News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2012 Election Thread

Started by runawayjimbo, January 03, 2012, 08:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on March 25, 2012, 12:56:40 AM
And if you believe that the US Gov't hasn't always employed kidnap and torture to extend the interests of The People (however unspeakable), then you are naive, IMO...  No offense...

I don't doubt that Obama was not the first to use those tactics, but I remember him running on very different ideals than those he abides by now. I was duped into believing that a Constitutional law professor would have some credibility in adhering to it. Chalk it up to not knowing enough, all politicians do it, etc.; doesn't make it suck any less.

And T, as long as you keep jumping on my ISOs, you could never offend me. Unless you tell me to go fuck my mother. BING-POW-BOOM!!

Now if you'll excuse me, there's a WTF am I still doing up thread with my name on it.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

twatts

Quote from: runawayjimbo on March 25, 2012, 01:15:15 AM
Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on March 25, 2012, 12:56:40 AM
And if you believe that the US Gov't hasn't always employed kidnap and torture to extend the interests of The People (however unspeakable), then you are naive, IMO...  No offense...

I don't doubt that Obama was not the first to use those tactics, but I remember him running on very different ideals than those he abides by now. I was duped into believing that a Constitutional law professor would have some credibility in adhering to it. Chalk it up to not knowing enough, all politicians do it, etc.; doesn't make it suck any less.

I bet its more of a matter of finding out that closing GTMO does more harm than keeping it open...

But, you know they all change their tune once they get what they want...  POTUS is just the best vote getter in this weeks Popularity Contest...  Its always been that way...

And T, as long as you keep jumping on my ISOs, you could never offend me. Unless you tell me to go fuck my mother. BING-POW-BOOM!!

Now if you'll excuse me, there's a WTF am I still doing up thread with my name on it.

No, I'll never make fun of you...  But your views, I may poke at them...  But I'm sure we have the same heart, just different eyes...

And yeah, I always stay up this late!  Its part of the game!

Terry

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

VDB

Unless you tell me to go fuck my mother. BING-POW-BOOM!!

Heh, I was just watching that last night.
Is this still Wombat?

runawayjimbo

Romney goes from inevitable to eventual as Santorum drips drops out. I wonder if he was offered something (Sec. of Praying the Gay Away?) or if the specter of losing his home state was just too much. Still, it's pretty unbelievable that a guy who was more of a joke than Michelle Bachmann a week before Iowa became the party's anti-Romney vote.

Anyway, time for the VP guessing games to begin. :pukesinmouth:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/10/politics/campaign-wrap/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Santorum suspends campaign

Washington (CNN) -- Rick Santorum announced Tuesday that he is suspending his Republican presidential campaign after a weekend of "prayer and thought," effectively ceding the GOP nomination to Mitt Romney.

The former Pennsylvania senator made his announcement following the weekend hospitalization of his 3-year-old daughter Isabella.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we made the decision to get into this race around our kitchen table, against all the odds," Santorum said. "We made a decision over the weekend that while the presidential race for us is over, and I will suspend my campaign effective today, we are not done fighting."

The development means that Romney is now the certain GOP nominee to take on President Barack Obama in November, as Santorum was his main challenger. While Romney still needs to win several hundred delegates to clinch the nomination, Santorum's departure from the race leaves his path unhindered.

phil

this is going to be the 3.0 of elections
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: phil on April 10, 2012, 04:04:24 PM

A lot of excitement and anticipation followed by crushing disappointment? Sounds about right.

phil

Quote from: runawayjimbo on April 10, 2012, 04:48:55 PM

A lot of excitement and anticipation followed by crushing disappointment? Sounds about right.

Now that you mention it, maybe I was wrong. No excitement, no anticipation. Romney and Obama? Snooze. Looks like I'm voting for myself as a write-in.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

kellerb

none of the republicans even ripcorded, except maybe bachmannnn.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: phil on April 10, 2012, 05:40:01 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on April 10, 2012, 04:48:55 PM

Now that you mention it, maybe I was wrong. No excitement, no anticipation. Romney and Obama? Snooze. Looks like I'm voting for myself as a write-in.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Damn it, I was so focused on a "3.0 blows" joke I completely missed the obvious.

Quote from: kellerb on April 10, 2012, 10:10:40 PM
none of the republicans even ripcorded, except maybe bachmannnn.

Tim Pawlenty

VDB

Quote from: runawayjimbo on April 10, 2012, 03:43:11 PM
I wonder if he was offered something

A) Mitt Romney is cynical enough to offer the VP spot to some lunatic religious zealot if he thinks it'll excite the evangelicals and sweep him to Bush-style victory.

B) Mitt Romney is smart enough to realize independents matter in the general and so he'll tell all the right-wingers to fuck off now that he has the nom sewn up. Most of his "severe conservatism" was simply pandering to make it through the primary.

Which one is it?
Is this still Wombat?

sunrisevt

Quote from: kellerb on April 10, 2012, 10:10:40 PM
none of the crazy republicans even ripcorded, except maybe bachmannnn.

fyp
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

rowjimmy

I sure hope Ron Paul sticks around to Nader2000 the republitards.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on April 11, 2012, 09:08:58 AM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on April 10, 2012, 03:43:11 PM
I wonder if he was offered something

A) Mitt Romney is cynical enough to offer the VP spot to some lunatic religious zealot if he thinks it'll excite the evangelicals and sweep him to Bush-style victory.

B) Mitt Romney is smart enough to realize independents matter in the general and so he'll tell all the right-wingers to fuck off now that he has the nom sewn up. Most of his "severe conservatism" was simply pandering to make it through the primary.

Which one is it?

Oh, there's no chance Romney would put Santorum as VP (if he does, he's dumber than I thought he was). Not only does Santorum alienate a significant portion of the independent vote, but Romney was going to beat him in PA so he doesn't even help Romney in his home state. But I could (unfortunately) see some kind of cabinet level position or ambassadorship or some shit like that. I still think Santorum was more concerned about losing PA than anything else (with the possible exception of the health of his daughter), but it wouldn't surprise me if you saw a Santorum appointment somewhere in a Romney administration.

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 11, 2012, 09:55:14 AM
I sure hope Ron Paul sticks around to Nader2000 the republitards.

I'll send you your bumper sticker.

I don't think this is a very likely scenario. I think Ron would understand the implications for his son's political career in the GOP if he handed Obama a victory. Still, it is Romney we're talking about, so you might not need anyone siphoning votes for an Obama victory.

twatts

Quote from: runawayjimbo on April 11, 2012, 10:08:59 AM

I don't think this is a very likely scenario. I think Ron would understand the implications for his son's political career in the GOP if he handed Obama a victory.

Ah yes...  The Oligarchy...   :-P

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

VDB

Quote from: runawayjimbo on April 11, 2012, 10:08:59 AM
Oh, there's no chance Romney would put Santorum as VP (if he does, he's dumber than I thought he was). Not only does Santorum alienate a significant portion of the independent vote, but Romney was going to beat him in PA so he doesn't even help Romney in his home state. But I could (unfortunately) see some kind of cabinet level position or ambassadorship or some shit like that. I still think Santorum was more concerned about losing PA than anything else (with the possible exception of the health of his daughter), but it wouldn't surprise me if you saw a Santorum appointment somewhere in a Romney administration.

I agree that Santorum for VP would be a bad idea for Romney. After that, I really don't see the point of giving him some other administration job considering a) it would be post-election, so any "GOP unity" or "team of rivals" argument wouldn't necessarily apply since there isn't an electorate to sway; and b) what has Satorum, who got smacked in the 2006 election, done to distinguish himself as a competent leader or expert in any vital government field? Seems to me the guy basically brings social and religious controversy to the table and little else.

spelling...
Is this still Wombat?