News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Battle for Net Neutrality and how you can help!

Started by ph92, July 12, 2017, 10:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

I mean seriously, you trust this piece of shit to protect your rights as a consumer?

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Hicks on December 15, 2017, 11:14:08 AM
I'm not gonna waste everyone's time presenting a case for corporations like Comcast and Verizon not having your best interests in mind. 

That should be self evident. 

And if it isn't to you, I'd refer you to my last comment.

I was more looking for a link but no worries.

Quote from: Hicks on December 15, 2017, 11:17:33 AM
I mean seriously, you trust this piece of shit to protect your rights as a consumer?

Lol fuck him and his dumb giant coffee cup too. Although not gonna lie, the death threats against him and his family by NN supporters definitely made supporting him a little easier to swallow.

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

ytowndan

If NN rules are no big deal and not needed, then why such an active push by major players in the industry to get rid of them?  If everyone plans on playing by the rules anyway, what difference does it make if they're there?  Why push through an appeal at all?
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mbw

Quote from: Hicks on December 15, 2017, 11:17:33 AM

uhhhh, what is going on at about 1:20 of that vid  :police:

i would advise not to listen at work.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: ytowndan on December 15, 2017, 11:39:07 AM
If NN rules are no big deal and not needed, then why such an active push by major players in the industry to get rid of them?  If everyone plans on playing by the rules anyway, what difference does it make if they’re there?  Why push through an appeal at all?

Because they wanted to implement the same rules in a more permanent fashion legislatively? Because they understood that regulatory rules could be changed relatively easily from one administration to the next and in order to fully suppress competition and secure their market dominance they needed to codify a "free and open internet" into law?

But let me flip it on you:  why are the emerging corporate overlords - Google, Facebook, Amazon, Netflix - so interested in preserving the overly burdensome rules? If they are really committed to neutrality, why would they be so eager to have a big bad policeman standing in the way with the authority to decide who wins and who loses literally on a case by case basis?
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Hicks

Whoops definitely the wrong version there, fixed my post, feel free to delete the vid from your quote mbw. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

Quote from: Hicks on December 15, 2017, 12:42:00 PM
Whoops definitely the wrong version there, fixed my post, feel free to delete the vid from your quote mbw.

I saw Baauer is suing him for the use of "Harlem Shake" without proper approval...

Hicks

Quote from: emay on December 15, 2017, 01:32:21 PM
Quote from: Hicks on December 15, 2017, 12:42:00 PM

I saw Baauer is suing him for the use of "Harlem Shake" without proper approval...

Ha, that's awesome, shoulda kept it under seven seconds asshole.