News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NFL 2017-2018

Started by pcr3, September 07, 2017, 11:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

All the complaints about the NFL OT is legit mind bottling, it's always been sudden death and they've made it better with the TD rule. Have these whiners never seen an NFL OT game before?

I watch like two games/year and I know how it works!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

Both teams should get the ball in OT.

I like the concept of Team A scored a TD in 6 plays, Team B has to score a TD in 6 plays or they lose.

PIE-GUY

Watching Sean Payton's "retirement" presser right now. Gonna try not to cry. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

QuoteBoth teams should get the ball in OT.

THIS.

was rooting for all the road teams last weekend.  extremely entertaining and great results.  bummed about the bills, but if you can't stop a team from going 50 yards in less than 20 seconds you don't deserve shit.

mattstick

Quote from: anthrax on January 25, 2022, 04:53:21 PM
QuoteBoth teams should get the ball in OT.

THIS.

was rooting for all the road teams last weekend.  extremely entertaining and great results.  bummed about the bills, but if you can't stop a team from going 50 yards in less than 20 seconds you don't deserve shit.

Both defences were shot and couldn't stop either team, the coin flip determined the winner.

Hicks

Yeah Bills get the ball back and score and then Chiefs get the ball back and score again, same outcome and good chance of someone getting injured, don't see the point in that. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

khalpin

The Chiefs defense gave up 442 yards and their defense did not have to take the field in Overtime because of a coin flip.

anthrax

College overtime is the best but the nfl is too arrogant to adopt something they didn't think of first.

Hicks

Quote from: khalpin on January 26, 2022, 10:57:53 AMThe Chiefs defense gave up 442 yards and their defense did not have to take the field in Overtime because of a coin flip.

And the Bills allowed the Chiefs to score in 13 seconds.

PIE-GUY

QuoteThe Chiefs defense gave up 442 yards and their defense did not have to take the field in Overtime because of a coin flip.

And the Bills allowed the Chiefs to score in 13 seconds.
this - that touchback was the game-losing decision. The kickoff should have landed on the 5-yard line so it had to be played and time taken off the clock. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

khalpin

Quote from: shoreline99 on February 02, 2022, 11:36:13 AMWashington Commanders?
What does that abbreviate to, by the way?  Three syllables is way too many for the fanbase of a sports franchise to utter.  Even two syllables is cutting it close.

mistercharlie

QuoteWashington Commanders?
What does that abbreviate to, by the way?  Three syllables is way too many for the fanbase of a sports franchise to utter.  Even two syllables is cutting it close.

They'd probably pronounce it (in unison) Come-Anders. As long as they don't go the Workaholics route and put a hard 'an' at the beginning of the second part.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

nab

Quote from: mistercharlie on February 02, 2022, 08:27:30 PM
QuoteWashington Commanders?

They'd probably pronounce it (in unison) Come-Anders. As long as they don't go the Workaholics route and put a hard 'an' at the beginning of the second part.

man does

More A (plus H) and less N the farther north you go