News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Ten Years Gone - 9/11 Poll

Started by susep, August 23, 2011, 09:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

As we look back over the last 10 years since 9/11 I am curious what folks at the 'paug think?  Please vote w/ supporting comments. 

edit - the picks were taken back in May 1987 during my first trip to the Big Apple w/ my 8th grade class.

runawayjimbo

I voted for the official story. Do I think we know everything the gov't has discovered? Probably not. Do I think it was some kind of conspiracy theory? I don't even see how that is possible. Do I think 9/11 Truthers ignore the obvious facts and choose to ignore hard evidence anytime they are confronted it? Fucking A.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

rowjimmy

Seriously?

Today I was in a car with a woman who watched a low flying airplane disappear from view as she drove on I395 approaching DC. That disappearance was followed by a sound that she struggled to describe to me today. She next drove in reverse on the highway to the nearest exit to turn around and go home.

This thread is an embarrassment.

It is also an offense to all whose lives were lost and/or altered that day.

I think the worst part is that you put official in quotes.

Eta: -k

barnesy305

Mufuckers flew planes into buildings and a lot of innocent people died. I don't know why it needs to go any further than that.

phuzzyfish12

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 23, 2011, 11:10:21 PM
Seriously?

Today I was in a car with a woman who watched a low flying airplane disappear from view as she drove on I395 approaching DC. That disappearance was followed by a sound that she struggled to describe to me today. She next drove in reverse on the highway to the nearest exit to turn around and go home.

Eta: -k

THIS!!!!

sophist

Quote from: barnesy305 on August 24, 2011, 12:03:07 AM
Mufuckers flew planes into buildings and a lot of innocent people died. I don't know why it needs to go any further than that.
Brevity is awesome. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

twatts

Great tune...  I like the 8/4/79 version:

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

qop24

yeah the first 2 mins there...that's what I wanna do with my life
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

sophist

Quote from: qop24 on August 24, 2011, 11:41:04 AM
If you're reducing your life to two minutes, that means wife is getting like microseconds until you orgasm. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

susep

I think its more embarrassing when people run away and hide from talking about it.  Additionally I don't think its offensive to those who lost their lives esp. in light of the complete failure of the 9/11 Commission Report.  We owe to every person who was killed or altered that day an un-biased investigation.  Even members who served on the Commission admitted they were snowballed on key evidence and ideas, one of the reasons I put official in quotes.  RJ, what about building 7, do you think the terrorists had the foresight to lace the buildings will demolition explosives before that morning or is it to offensive to question?

qop24

Quote from: sophist on August 24, 2011, 01:32:20 PM
If you're reducing your life to two minutes, that means wife is getting like microseconds until you orgasm.

Sophist, you of all people should know that when you are in a truly beautiful moment, it seems to last forever.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

phuzzyfish12

Quote from: susep on August 24, 2011, 01:36:45 PM

I think its more embarrassing when people run away and hide from talking about it.  Additionally I don't think its offensive to those who lost their lives esp. in light of the complete failure of the 9/11 Commission Report.  We owe to every person who was killed or altered that day an un-biased investigation.  Even members who served on the Commission admitted they were snowballed on key evidence and ideas, one of the reasons I put official in quotes.  RJ, what about building 7, do you think the terrorists had the foresight to lace the buildings will demolition explosives before that morning or is it to offensive to question?

Susep: Just curious...did/do you live near the effected areas, do you know anyone that was directly impacted by 9/11 or were you directly impacted?

Hicks

I don't see how discussion what happened that day is disrespectful myself, part of never forgetting and preventing it from happening again is trying to figure out what went wrong to allow such a tragedy to occur.

What is offensive to me though is the inclusion of the Zionist theory, does anyone beside anti-semites and run of the mill bigots subscribe to this?

In any event I think it was perpetrated by Al Qaeda and allowed to happen through a mix of incompetence and cold political calculation on the part of higher ups in the Bush administration.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sophist

Quote from: Hicks on August 24, 2011, 02:03:49 PM
I don't see how discussion what happened that day is disrespectful myself, part of never forgetting and preventing it from happening again is trying to figure out what went wrong to allow such a tragedy to occur.

What is offensive to me though is the inclusion of the Zionist theory, does anyone beside anti-semites and run of the mill bigots subscribe to this?

In any event I think it was perpetrated by Al Qaeda and allowed to happen through a mix of incompetence and cold political calculation on the part of higher ups in the Bush administration.
You phrased this a lot nicer than me.  My original post had to be removed right away because I had no tact. 

Quote from: qop24 on August 24, 2011, 01:40:55 PM
Quote from: sophist on August 24, 2011, 01:32:20 PM

Sophist, you of all people should know that when you are in a truly beautiful moment, it seems to last forever.
touche sir. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on August 24, 2011, 02:03:49 PM

Discussion is not, in itself disrespectful.

The way this thread and poll were put forth, including the choices and wording thereof is pretty fucked up.

The OP will get no response from me because I no longer "debate" with crazy.