News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

For Your Information: 'Why do Police Guard the Bull from OWS Protesters?'

Started by haleakalari, March 27, 2012, 07:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haleakalari

The bull statue is loaded with contemporary significance and ancient symbolic meaning. Mammon, Ba'al, Mithras etc...
it's not just a representation of the 'bull market'. That statue is a powerful archetypal image. Bull / male fertility / virility cults go back thousands of years. Way into pre-biblical times. The Carthaginian people actually performed occasional human sacrifice, offering up young children as burnt sacrifices to Ba'al-Hamon, a deity who was sometimes represented as a bull. The related Ugaritic / Hittite deity, Ba'al, was often represented as a bull too. Perhaps the most well known story of a bull cult, is the golden calf, where the Israelites fashion a bull of precious metals for making offerings to / worshipping. This incident is interpreted by certain commentators in Jewish tradition as an allegory, for the human tendency to become exceedingly materialistic.

They guard this bull because of what it represents. They guard this bull because, even if they know not what it means, at-least their higher-ups do, and they're well aware of how significant and powerful its symbolism is. Symbols that have played a role in the collective human experience and have been worshipped by millions and millions of people, over thousands upon thousands of years, do not just lose their sway over our consciousness over night. Many assume that we're immune to such imagery and archetypes because of how supposedly 'advanced' we've become, but this is simply not true. These images still reside in our cores, they live in our dreams and to an extent, they exert varying degrees of influence over our emotional & psychological states. Whether those cops know this or not, they certainly feel it and you can see this in how diligently they guard the thing, you can see it in their expressions.

i know, i know 'sweet blog'. it's just a bit of information i've been trying to get people to see. discuss if you wish.
The bemonstering of your ganache awaits!