News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Red Rocks Poster & Art Show 8/1 25+ Artists (Pollock, Masthay, Tripp, Kerrigan)

Started by Jason Kaczorowski, April 06, 2009, 03:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Kaczorowski

Hi everyone. I'm one of the promoters who brought you the BPCIII poster show in Hampton. I've moved away from the BPC and will be hosting all future poster & art shows - called Mock Shows - with my friends at the Mockingbird Foundation. Proceeds from these events will benefit multiple charities including the Mockingbird and Waterwheel Foundations.

I've been a Mockingbird photographer for the past 6 years. I also photograph and volunteer for Headcount, the USTORM Foundation, the Organic School Project, among other non-profit music and art related charities. One of my photos actually is running this month in Relix, Spin and Rolling Stone for the new Headcount campaign. I've worked as Jim Pollock's rep, gallery manager and customer service department for the past 7 years. I've orchestrated his studio shows along with his appearances at Flatstock and other festivals he's printed and showcased on site as such as 10KLF. I've been documenting him though my cameras for nearly the past decade for a book we've been working on that we're aiming to release this year (photos/video I shot of the Hampton '09 release at www.pollockprints.com). Before my work with Pollock, I ran Post Art Productions which hosted both fine art gallery shows and guerilla art shows for parking lot artists throughout the country. Once I graduated college in 2000, I managed several galleries throughout Chicago (S2 Art Group Gallery, Chicago Rock Exchange, etc,.), so as you can see, hosting art shows and managing artists is in my lifeblood. Prior to Post Art, I started the Helping Phriendly Phanzine and distributed it on tour from 1997-1999 and many folks know me by my own stickers and posters I've been selling in lot since 1994 (see: PhanArt The Art of Phish Fans).

Mock Show: Red Rocks is ramping up to be an incredible event! It'll be practically triple the size as the Hampton poster show in relation to our overall exhibition space and nearly three times the number of artists displaying, along with the many other various ways we're improving the perception of the event for patrons. We'll have 25 artists and exhibitors on display, a bloggers lounge to upload photos and chat live from the show, no wait to enter the event plus attendees will be able to stay as long as they'd like.

Tickets went on sale Friday night at Midnight and we're almost 50% sold out already! I encourage you to get your tickets soon if you're considering attending at: http://www.amockshow.com

Mock Show: Red Rocks
Saturday, August 1st, 2009
10am - 2pm

Sheraton Denver West
360 Union Boulevard
Lakewood, Colorado 80228

Featuring: Jim Pollock · Ryan Kerrigan · Fred Hosman · Tripp · Bruce Horan · Tim Ripley · Ian Millard · Jamie Huntsman · Jon Blake · Justin Helton · Erin Cadigan · Drew Findley · PhanArt: The Art of Phish Fans · Jonathan Lamb · Michael Ortiz · Joshua Jacobs · Uncle & Aunt Ebeneezer · AJ Masthay · The Faded Line · Mockingbird Foundation · Waterwheel Foundation · expressobeans.com · phishposters.com

Package I: $10.00 includes single event ticket to the Mock Show: Red Rocks. You can purchase multiple tickets in this catagory by simply selecting quantity at check out.

Package II: $50.00 includes a limited edition benefit collaboration poster illustrated by Jim Pollock and hand printed by Fred Hosman along with your event ticket.

Package III: $75.00 features a Pollock benefit poster, a matching event T-Shirt (sizes S-2XL) silk-screened by Tripp and your ticket to the event.

PollockPrints/Hosco Press Collaboration
Jim Pollock will team with Hosco Press to run a limited edition benefit poster with proceeds benefitting multiple charities. The edition of 500 hand-pressed prints will be designed and illustrated by Pollock in Illinois and printed in Nebraska by hand from the Vandercook press of Fred Hosman. The run will be predicated on Pollock's classic 99-2000 style and sold on speculation in Mock Show: Red Rocks Ticket Packages II & III. Any remaining prints will be sold at the exhibition for $40.00. Patrons can purchase this package and add an additional poster at check out. There's a strict limit of 2 posters per ticket holder. Package III offers a matching design T-Shirt hand-screened by Tripp at TabootArt in Denver, Colorado.

Please contact me with any questions or concerns at jason@amockshow.com.

Hope to see you all in Colorado!

http://www.amockshow.com

guyforget

-AD_