News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"Big" Phish announcement on Friday

Started by mattstick, December 13, 2006, 06:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

wow, certainly was a "big" announcement, that's cool I guess I was hoping for the whole run though.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

nab

Video too?  I haven't been tempted before, but then they go and offer the whole show (minus GTBT, bummer).

nab

mattstick

The new download manager is lookin' pretty good.  It's about time they upgraded.

jephrey

What I'll do personally is run a slideshow during the missing video...  I see that this show hadn't circulated in video so I can't patch anything.  This is gonna be cool.  I'll grab these within a few days.  mp4 also, does anyone have stats on those?  resolution?  Did they make it 640x480?

Oh and I just saw that the other video comes in the package, so that's awesome.  Just the encore video is cut!  Not bad.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

mattstick

The videos have fades at the start and end of each so there is no seamless playback...

Resolution is still 320x240.

jephrey

Well, that's shit for resolution.  I'll just have to sync the faded video to the flac audio.  Oh well.  Should be OK, just like switching camera views or whatever. 

I wonder if there'd be any complaints if I did this, and distributed it (only to people who bought both the video and audio).  Technically, everyone who owns the audio and video could do the work themselves, so I don't see why not.  It's just that I can't really verify who has it.

Comments?

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

flow00

Quote from: jephrey on December 19, 2006, 11:31:45 AM
Well, that's shit for resolution.  I'll just have to sync the faded video to the flac audio.  Oh well.  Should be OK, just like switching camera views or whatever. 

I wonder if there'd be any complaints if I did this, and distributed it (only to people who bought both the video and audio).  Technically, everyone who owns the audio and video could do the work themselves, so I don't see why not.  It's just that I can't really verify who has it.

Comments?

J

I'm not sure of the legality, but it's a convincing argument that you should be able to distribute it to people who bought both the video and audio. I still don't think Phish would be cool with it. You would have to prove that people bought it before distributing it. I think it's a great idea, and I'm all for it. Just don't know what Phish would say.

flow00

Here's what Shapiro said about this show:

The band hit the stage on the 29th, with NICU > Golgi Apparatus > Crossroads. This was one of only 9 Phish performances of Crossroads, Robert Johnson's devilish tale of the making of a guitar hero. A hot Cars Trucks Buses and soaring Fluffhead lead to a set-closing Antelope that belongs with the likes of 4/5/98 Cavern, 11/17/97 Ghost and 7/29/97 Gumbo for extended funk within a Phish composition. A dark and poignant Down With Disease > David Bowie opened set two before the band paid tribute to the Blues Brothers (and Otis Redding who penned the classic) with a double Possum/I Can't Turn You Loose sandwich preceding a deep, telepathic Tube and a smoking You Enjoy Myself to close the set. The Good Times Bad Times encore delved back into funk territory and unfortunately can't be included with the video for the show. Like Landover and the other two shows from the holiday '97 tour, this show transcends all worldly expectations and each deserves a chapter of its own.

tet

Quote from: tet on December 18, 2006, 11:21:10 PM
     The directors of the firm hired to continue the big announcement after the other   
     people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked.                               

The big announcement has been completed in an entirely different style at great
     expense and at the last minute.

...and not a single response to the best post on these 12 pages of thread....  :frustrated:

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

gimmetela

SHE TURNED ME INTO A NEWT!!!!!

well, i got better.