News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

server problems

Started by Blaise, December 13, 2004, 09:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaise

I was jw if the server was currently down or something. For some reason I cann'y acces any of he details for any show but I can load up the main page and que up dls from this page. Weird, and I am encountering a problem when trying to upload a torrent. Is this me or an outside force, this has never happened to me.

jedifunk

lol, i was just going to make a post about the same thing.  its seems like its been happening for a week now.  bt.etree having problems.  i thought i read something one day on my db.etree account about them moving to a new server, so i'm wondering if that might not be the problem for both bt & db.

in any case i hope they get it worked out soon, i've got lots of stuff to seed, and plenty to dl as well.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

guyforget

bt and db.etree have been acting up all day.  Ibiblio (their host) has had rather regular mysql database issues...   hopefully these will be cleared up soon.  

Ive been trying to seed a few things all day...
-AD_

mgoldey

Both db and bt are using a new mysql server which is not behaving well.  So, they're in and out until that gets sorted out.

guyforget

Seems to have been fixed, though the db and bt pages are still slow.
-AD_

jedifunk

I think the new server is still a little shaky.  I keep having my torrents lose the server.  Hopefully they get that worked out soon.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

guyforget

Yeah, its still sketchy.  It was back but slow for a bit, and now its back to sketchy.  Oh well, I got a torrent posted in that short time, it drops off but comes back, and there are still connected leeches.   :D
-AD_

emperor_brian

WELL, I was just about to post about the same thing as well. Glad you at least sort of know what's going on. It's IMPOSSIBLY slow for me. If it even connects to any of the web stuf at all it takes five minutes and multiple tries (I know, cos I'm sad enough to do that). Once the torrents actually connect it's been working fine and dandy for me, but getting to the link to start it is next to impossible. And even once it does my Bit Tornado goes through 2 or 3 "time out" errors before anything happens.

Again, once the downloads actually get going I've got no problem... 11-24-95  is cruising along at 170 kB/s as we speak...but everything else is damn frustrating.

Well, glad to know it's not just me, anyway. When and if this gets straightened out, I'll finish my list I've been promising on db.  :roll:
"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open." - Frank Zappa

jedifunk

BT server seems more stable this morning.  Anyone still having problems?  Is it safe to start seeding again?  Just curious
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio