News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Week4paug Needs [Suggestion Box]

Started by ucusty, November 09, 2006, 10:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

August

rowjimmy

I like how the 'noob' in the photo above is from canadia and the 'l33t' dog is amurrican

guyforget

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 16, 2006, 01:07:27 PM
I like how the 'noob' in the photo above is from canadia and the 'l33t' dog is amurrican

That totally threw me off when I first saw it.  I dont understand the significance of the flags... 
-AD_

gimmetela

maybe the usa dog is like, "GIVE ME YOUR FUCKIN' UNDERPRICED PHARMIES, BITCH!"

(wtf?  i need to eat.)

rowjimmy

Quote from: guyforget on November 16, 2006, 04:18:56 PM
That totally threw me off when I first saw it.  I dont understand the significance of the flags... 

I doubt it's actually significant. Aside from the bully being the one with the american tag...

rowjimmy

Back on topic:

How about an "Archive" board for say, old stickeys, informational threads like the "definitive list of times trey picked his nose onstage" and whatnot. the archive board could be broken down into useful subboards as well. Then we could have an archive for old tour project threads and whatnot, too.

tet

interesting, but i think it would be too cluttered.  i agree that the old stickies should be placed somewhere, i'll come up with something when i have a few moments...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

I must admit that I've shamelessly stolen the idea from taperssection.com

that key is that threads in the archive board are all read-only for all but admins.

so, basically the archive and it's sub-boards mirror (roughly) the structure of the rest of the site.

guyforget

Does TS.com archive all threads to read only archive forums after a certain amount of time?  What threads get chosen for archival?  Whats the difference in having them in an archived state of read only and having them on page 24 of the category theyve always been, ready for a bump?

If a sticky doesnt need to be sticky anymore, why not just unsticky it and let it fall off the page?

Seems like the archive makes most sense if youre also purging old threads. 

Im hip to the idea but would like to hear how others have implemented it.  I dont know how I feel about purging threads that havent been posted to in x amount of time.

-AD_

rowjimmy

In their case, the archive reflects useful reference material that has ben churned up in discussions or even single posts that contain valuable information. Much of that site is, of course, focused on technical knowledge and so, in their archive board there is a child board of key postings that come from the microphone forum and a child board with key posts from the pre-amps 7 processors board etc.

For week4paug, I see it as this:

archive:
-Phish reference materials
-definitive *blah* list threads.   (this stuff probably becomes irrelevant once the wiki is live)
-bt posting
-complete projects
- technical help
- how to bt
- how to convert x to y

etc.

the idea being to keep old stickeys and other threads that may no longer need updating in an area that is even easier to find than wading through search results.

Perhaps, tho, it's not needed here.

PhishJY

Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

tet

Quote from: PhishJY on December 08, 2006, 05:34:43 PM
A CHICK THREAD!  :-D

:beers:

go ahead and make one.  just added the Red Light District as a section down below, check it out.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

Fewer stickies in the General Topic forum.
There are 9 right now...

Do they all need to be stickies?
Do they all need to be in THAT forum?

Aug's DD thread was awesome, don't mistake me. See my earlier posts about an Archive board.
Name That Jam? Dead.
md5, ffp thread? tech Support.

At this point, when I login from a mobile device, I have to go to page two of the General topics forum to find  the first of the regular, active threads. Page one is, now, ALL Stickies.