News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NFL 2016-2017

Started by PIE-GUY, March 12, 2016, 09:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

No Falcons fan here, but that outcome was more disappointing than I had prepared for.

I also think NFL OT rules are bullshit. I've never liked the arbitrariness of football, and this is (relatively speaking) a pretty catastrophic example of it.
Is this still Wombat?

VDB

I will say, however, that around halfway through the fourth quarter we switched to the Spanish-language broadcast, and it was a major upgrade.
And no, I don't speak Spanish.
Is this still Wombat?

anthrax

i was rooting for atlanta, but didn't really care either way.  i was happy it was a good game.  however, when you're are a winner your a winner.  and when you're a loser...well...

i hear you about the overtime rules.  i like college overtime rules.  i knew as soon as the pats won the cointoss that the game was over.  shame the league mvp didn't get a chance in overtime, but he had his chances during the game...like a million of them.

sls.stormyrider

I would argue that the college OT rules gives an advantage to the coin toss loser. The 1st team scores a TD - the next team has 4 downs anywhere on the field that they are - they have nothing to lose

Quote from: anthrax on February 06, 2017, 07:33:41 PM
shame the league mvp didn't get a chance in overtime, but he had his chances during the game...like a million of them.

exactly. Getting the ball back with just under 1 minute in regulation, after you've been leading, and no time outs left?????
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

emay

Adrian Peterson going to the Saints!

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

PIE-GUY

I like it, but we need some fucking defense.

PIE-GUY

Check out this epic shirt designed just to piss off Falcon fans:

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."