News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Which night was your favorite of the Baker's Dozen?

Started by Gundo, August 16, 2017, 09:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gundo

I've always liked these poll threads. Hopefully everyone has listened to all 13 shows in their entirety before voting. I won't vote just yet, since I haven't listened to the shows leading up to the last weekend yet. Here's the rundown someone posted the other day for quick reference. Go vote!

mbw

Obvious answer is obvious.

Top three are 4, 2, 10.

anthrax

Personally, 11.  From the couch, 4.  Honorable mention, 13...banner!!

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

ph92

My favorite from the 3 I saw was 13 for sure. But obviously 4 all around.

Honorable mentions 10 6 and 12
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

tet

Quote from: mbw on August 16, 2017, 10:33:47 PM
Obvious answer is obvious.

obviously...but...I feel like Holes is not getting the love it deserves.  TONS of references all night, including Heavy Things and A Day In The Life (Page was cracking up during that one, almost like he forgot about it!), and there were some really unique and fantastic jams that night.  Meat was extended quite a bit, Antelope sounded straight out of '95, Mikes & Taste were sublime, and Maze had some serious heat too. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

VDB

Still (re)listening through parts so I can't cast a vote yet. Recency bias has me boosting night 11 a bit at the moment. Night 6 was perhaps my favorite attended (6-8).
Is this still Wombat?

Nedstruzz

Voted 13 but 2, 4, 8 -> 13 were all top notch.

Things went into a different gear on night 8 and never cooled down. 

Buffalo Budd

I just finished it and the whole thing is stellar start to finish.
I'll totally revisit these shows some day.
That sounds like a long ways down the road but you get my point.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

pcr3

Voted 4, but was tempted by 12.  The Boston Cream medley was one of my favorite attended  :phish: moments ever.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

jam>

Jam of course, but I wasn't there! I attended Strawberry and then the last 9 and Powdered and Holes were my favorite attended for a variety of subjective reasons.

WhatstheUse?

Man this was such a sick phish run. I love how nearly everyone has different favorites. All 13 shows had something to offer.

I really have a hard time picking myself. Since I can only vote for one, I suppose I'll default to Night 4 cuz, ya know... that was awesome. I think seeing End of Session was my personal highlight of the 11 I saw.

Night 3 was another favorite, it was my bday and I was feeling fine  ( :wtu: ) and I f'n loved the ambient jamming in that second set. I was actually  scared at the end of that Waves. That's good phish.

I think the best jam of the run goes to the ASIHTOS.  They got to a completely new/unique musical space that wasn't just your average 3.0 major rawk/peak jam. Good stuff.
Bring in the dude!