News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-11-01 - MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - Post Show Discussion

Started by shoreline99, November 02, 2018, 07:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoreline99

MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA
Las Vegas, NV   

SET I:
Everything's Right, AC/DC Bag > Wolfman's Brother, Nellie Kane, Funky Bitch, Chalk Dust Torture, I Been Around, Joy, Walls of the Cave   

SET II:
Blaze On > No Men In No Man's Land, Fuego > Twist > Prince Caspian > Twist, Bouncing Around the Room, Harry Hood   

E: Contact > Rise/Come Together   

**Trey teased Jean Pierre in Wolfman’s Brother. Trey teased Third Stone From the Sun in Chalk Dust Torture. Hood contained We Are Come to Outlive Our Brains quotes from Fish.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

rowjimmy

Everything's Right jam is notable. Reminds me of a Curtain With or slow Reba peak.
Bag is swell.
Wolfman's Bro is beautiful rawk peak jamming. And what a finish!
I like Trey finishing songs when it works like these two.

Still listening.

runawayjimbo

What a show. First set was really good, CDT was great - love when Fish thinks it's over and Trey says no. But that second set, man. I had to tap out during Bouncing but I'm looking forward on checking out the Hood. Really great stuff throughout the Blaze On > Twist segment. But the Twist jam is just fucking incredible. The boys are on fire.

Also, Trey seemed to really assert himself last night, especially throughout set II. Love all the guys obviously, but the band just works best when Trey is steering the ship and man is he stepping up in a big way. Can't wait for tonight.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 02, 2018, 07:43:24 AM
Everything's Right jam is notable. Reminds me of a Curtain With or slow Reba peak.
Bag is swell.
Wolfman's Bro is beautiful rawk peak jamming. And what a finish!
I like Trey finishing songs when it works like these two.

Still listening.

First set is spotless. An absolute joy to listen to.
Love Nellie Kane and Funky Bitch rips.
Chalk Dust is fully Type II with 3rd Stone From The Sun teases at 10mins. I Been Around is great. I've always felt that was a clunky gag song but it really works here. Joy is fucking wonderful and Walls is terrific.

Digging on Set II now.
More later.

aphineday

At first I was a little bummed because it felt like they were rehashing a bunch of stuff played at Rosemont, but the playing is really pretty too notch, so that definitely helped. Looking forward to a more in depth listen.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

rowjimmy

Set two is for real, as well.
I sincerely lost track of what song was on during Hood.

gah

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 02, 2018, 11:26:42 AM
Set two is for real, as well.
I sincerely lost track of what song was on during Hood.

That's the best jerry. the best!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Caravan2001

easily one of the best shows I have ever seen. So good. Can't wait to Relisten. Might try and sleep first. I loved Halloween but this night was beyond. I never go all the way up front but spent the whole show there. Shit was cray. Best Bouncing ever. By a mile.

shoreline99

I gotta say, again, how fantastic Trey's tone is. He's got it so dialed in.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

gah

Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 02, 2018, 12:26:09 PM
easily one of the best shows I have ever seen. So good. Can't wait to Relisten. Might try and sleep first. I loved Halloween but this night was beyond. I never go all the way up front but spent the whole show there. Shit was cray. Best Bouncing ever. By a mile.

bruh! the show ended 12 hours ago. what have YOU been up to?  :evil:  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VA $l!m

havent heard the show yet but just reading this post from this dude who's seen everything, well...
i've been saying all tour something special is happening and now i KNOW. :clap:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mbw

Quote from: gah on November 02, 2018, 12:38:18 PM

bruh! the show ended 12 hours ago. what have YOU been up to?  :evil:  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

He just called this the best show he's ever been to so God only knows.

Caravan2001

Ha,  I slept from 6:30-9 and then got woken up by a fucking jacks hammer or a drill or some shit in the next room for like a half hour.  So I posted on the paug and went back to bed from 10-2. I feel like a million bucks!!

Caravan2001

Quote from: mbw on November 02, 2018, 04:11:59 PM

He just called this the best show he's ever been to so God only knows.

Well I was peaking out on acid the whole time 15' from the stage so I may need to re-evaluate that statement after I have a re-listen.  Going to not listen to anything from the run until after I see tonight's show. Then home for couch tour.

August