News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Star Wars

Started by redrum, December 30, 2007, 05:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guyute

matches the rumors of a Luke focused movie.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

VDB

Quote from: Guyute on January 23, 2017, 02:27:00 PM

My hope was that with Han being the old-school star of VII, it'd be Luke in VIII and Leia in IX. In my little fantasy world, Leia was going to finally realize her inborn Force potential and team up with Rey to kick ass in the finale. Alas.  :cry:
Is this still Wombat?

zimbra

Quote from: VDB on January 23, 2017, 05:06:37 PM
Quote from: Guyute on January 23, 2017, 02:27:00 PM

My hope was that with Han being the old-school star of VII, it'd be Luke in VIII and Leia in IX. In my little fantasy world, Leia was going to finally realize her inborn Force potential and team up with Rey to kick ass in the finale. Alas.  :cry:

I'm curious as to what plot changes will be made now that Carrie Fisher is no longer with us.... Then again, a part of me never wants to know what could have been.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

what is hype may never die
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

antelope19

Looks like Woody Harrelson is playing Garris Shrike in the upcoming Han Solo movie
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VA $l!m

so pumped! Rogue one already out on digital. didnt have to wait too long since i couldnt make it to the theatre. gonna buy it and stream it tonite!  :rawk:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on January 24, 2017, 11:59:53 PM
Looks like Woody Harrelson is playing Garris Shrike in the upcoming Han Solo movie

Now he says his name is "Beckett".
http://nerdist.com/woody-harrelson-star-wars-character-han-solo/

Quote from: VA $l!m on March 27, 2017, 04:24:35 PM
so pumped! Rogue one already out on digital. didnt have to wait too long since i couldnt make it to the theatre. gonna buy it and stream it tonite!  :rawk:

Well??

We gripped it and watched it twice over the weekend.
LOVE it.

runawayjimbo

::drools::

@starwars
#TheLastJedi poster has been revealed. #SWCO
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Hicks

Quote from: runawayjimbo on April 14, 2017, 12:01:43 PM
::drools::

@starwars
#TheLastJedi poster has been revealed. #SWCO

No Finn?  Sweet racist poster Disney!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

antelope19

Mind = Blown

Fun Facts about The Force Awakens

1) Finn's Stormtrooper ID number is FN-2187, which is the same number as the cell block where Leia is imprisoned in "A New Hope."

2) Many familiar banners can be seen hanging outside Maz Kanata's outpost. These include several of the podracers' flags from "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace" and the mythosaur skull from Boba Fett's uniform.

3) The Millennium Falcon chess game that Finn accidentally triggers pays homage to an earlier film by picking up right where the chess game between R2D2 and Chewie left off in "A New Hope." The piece that gets body slammed in the original game gets revenge by hitting its assailant with a mace this time around.

4) The Abednedo X-wing pilot is named 'Ello Asty' after the 1998 Beastie Boys' album, 'Hello Nasty.' On the package of his officially licensed toy, the Aurebesh text on his helmet reads "born to ill," which is another Beastie Boys reference as well as a reference to the Stanley Kubrick film "Full Metal Jacket." (1987)

5) The archway in Rey's village on Jakku was actually originally designed by Ralph McQuarrie to be part of Jabba's Palace on Tatooine. Another impact he had on the film.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mistercharlie

Quote from: antelope19 on April 22, 2017, 10:38:33 PM
Mind = Blown

1) Finn’s Stormtrooper ID number is FN-2187, which is the same number as the cell block where Leia is imprisoned in "A New Hope."

2) Many familiar banners can be seen hanging outside Maz Kanata’s outpost. These include several of the podracers' flags from "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace" and the mythosaur skull from Boba Fett’s uniform.

3) The Millennium Falcon chess game that Finn accidentally triggers pays homage to an earlier film by picking up right where the chess game between R2D2 and Chewie left off in "A New Hope." The piece that gets body slammed in the original game gets revenge by hitting its assailant with a mace this time around.

4) The Abednedo X-wing pilot is named 'Ello Asty' after the 1998 Beastie Boys' album, 'Hello Nasty.' On the package of his officially licensed toy, the Aurebesh text on his helmet reads “born to ill,” which is another Beastie Boys reference as well as a reference to the Stanley Kubrick film "Full Metal Jacket." (1987)

5) The archway in Rey’s village on Jakku was actually originally designed by Ralph McQuarrie to be part of Jabba’s Palace on Tatooine. Another impact he had on the film.
Those banners lend credence to a pretty cool fan theory that Maz Kanata is actually the last (and tallest) Jawa. In The Phantom Menace two Jawas are watching the pod races and the taller one is one of them. Then in a New Hope when the Jawas have R2 there are 7 of them (including one that is taller), but after the storm troopers kill them there are only 6 bodies. Plus Maz's goggles make her eyes glow yellow, just like a Jawa. There's more to the theory, but I cant recall any more details right now.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

nab

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 23, 2017, 07:10:59 AM
Quote from: antelope19 on April 22, 2017, 10:38:33 PM
Mind = Blown

1) Finn's Stormtrooper ID number is FN-2187, which is the same number as the cell block where Leia is imprisoned in "A New Hope."

2) Many familiar banners can be seen hanging outside Maz Kanata's outpost. These include several of the podracers' flags from "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace" and the mythosaur skull from Boba Fett's uniform.

4) The Abednedo X-wing pilot is named 'Ello Asty' after the 1998 Beastie Boys' album, 'Hello Nasty.' On the package of his officially licensed toy, the Aurebesh text on his helmet reads "born to ill," which is another Beastie Boys reference as well as a reference to the Stanley Kubrick film "Full Metal Jacket." (1987)

5) The archway in Rey's village on Jakku was actually originally designed by Ralph McQuarrie to be part of Jabba's Palace on Tatooine. Another impact he had on the film.
Those banners lend credence to a pretty cool fan theory that Maz Kanata is actually the last (and tallest) Jawa. In The Phantom Menace two Jawas are watching the pod races and the taller one is one of them. Then in a New Hope when the Jawas have R2 there are 7 of them (including one that is taller), but after the storm troopers kill them there are only 6 bodies. Plus Maz's goggles make her eyes glow yellow, just like a Jawa. There's more to the theory, but I cant recall any more details right now.

I had to search out that theory

rowjimmy

Garb theory but still amusing.

(She's been running the bar for ~100years so... probably not slumming as a scavenger on Tatooine during that time.)