News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Favorite 3.0 Moments

Started by antelope19, December 01, 2009, 04:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on January 04, 2010, 10:36:46 AM
I was just thinking about this year, and how many songs I thought I'd never catch/see again. 

Considering that, two years ago, I didn't think I'd ever see Phish again...

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 04, 2010, 11:34:16 AM
I was just thinking about this year, and how many songs I thought I'd never catch/see again. 

yup....makes it even more sweet and the fact that we complain about seeing songs like Character zero so many times seem silly.  2 years ago, we all would've killed to see another character zero.   :-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 04, 2010, 11:34:16 AM

QFT
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

I was perfectly content for Phish to be done.  I believe every band has a time and place - it wasn't unreasonable to think that Phish's time and place ended in 2000 (or 04).

My expectations?  Play close to the standard you once set or don't play at all.

2009 was the honeymoon period, 2010 and beyond will be the real test of whether or not this was a good idea.

sunrisevt

Quote from: mattstick on January 04, 2010, 12:18:23 PM

I was perfectly content for Phish to be done.  I believe every band has a time and place - it wasn't unreasonable to think that Phish's time and place ended in 2000 (or 04).

My expectations?  Play close [to]the standard you once set or don't play at all.

2009 was the honeymoon period, 2010 and beyond will be the real test of whether or not this was a good idea.

Took me three readings to figure this out! I can dig the sentiment.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mattstick

WhatstheUse?

As long as they stay healthy and are happy playing together again (which it clearly seems they are) then they should continue to keep playing. 

I fully expect them to up their game in 2010 and beyond, but whatever they play, I'm just thrilled to have them back.

I had a more enjoyable time at Great Woods this year (my least fav show) than ANY other band I've seen in my life.... this includes far superior musicians than phish ie. bela fleck or john mclaughlin...

Just to witness Phish play Phish songs together is a joy for me.  Of course their return was a "good idea"..... they're happy, I'm all  :wtu:, and now we all actually have something relevant to talk about...
Bring in the dude!

sunrisevt

^^^I applaud, and wish to share, your optimism,  :wtu:.

My age gets in the way.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

WhatstheUse?

I choose to be optimistic about it all because.... well, why not?! It's more fun  :wtu:

Bring in the dude!

dankicho