News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2017-07-25 MSG, New York, NY

Started by GBL, July 25, 2017, 11:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: VDB on July 26, 2017, 12:41:43 AM
Quote from: cactusfan on July 26, 2017, 12:28:43 AM
When was the last show that had 30+ minute jams in the first and second sets?

Seems like never? 8/3/03, a three-setter, had a 25 / 31 / 39 in those respective sets (CDT / Ghost / 46 Days).

That was special.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 26, 2017, 07:18:58 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 26, 2017, 12:40:17 AM
I can't fucking believe they played End of Session! Who expected that? Ever?

Guy came on HFPod on Monday and called for it to be played at this show.

Well..... who... besides that guy?!
Bring in the dude!

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

gah

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 26, 2017, 10:03:18 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 26, 2017, 07:18:58 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 26, 2017, 12:40:17 AM
I can't fucking believe they played End of Session! Who expected that? Ever?

Guy came on HFPod on Monday and called for it to be played at this show.

Well..... who... besides that guy?!

from phish.net:

Quote"End of Session" was performed for the first time during Phish's legendary show on July 25, 2017, at Madison Square Garden.

not even 24 hours have passed.....legendary
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VDB

Those p.net people need to take a deep breath.

*feverishly bumps phish is fucking back thread*
Is this still Wombat?

gah

Quote from: VDB on July 26, 2017, 01:54:54 PM
Those p.net people need to take a deep breath.

*feverishly bumps phish is fucking back thread*

it's like everyones walking around itching and scratching and sniffing and sweating...just jonesing for more!  :crazy:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

anthrax

what a night!  thank you phish for the jams and for providing couch tour.  if i had "missed" that one, i would have been pissed!  in fact, without couch tour, i'd probably bump up my flight to include the shows this weekend.  god bless couch tour!

Augustus

This dude sums up last night quite nicely.
Really nails it.

Bobafett

He's like 15, but so well spoken and astute!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Hicks

Quote from: Augustus on July 26, 2017, 05:10:59 PM
This dude sums up last night quite nicely.
Really nails it.

He really helped me solidify my own thoughts about last night's show. 

Look out FZappa20, there's a new recapper in town! 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sls.stormyrider

Listened to set 1. wow
30 min Lawn boy is cool, but the jams in Sample, My Friend, and Gin were beautiful. Stash was right on point, can stand up to 1.0 versions
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Gumbo72203

So I gotta revisit the whole thing, but at the time I felt like during Stash and Gin that the band were a little gassed, running on fumes.  Granted, it could have simply been because they totally blew their fucking load during Sample and Lawn Boy.  What a start to a show.  Best show opening ever? 

Also, those dudes on Phish.net need to chill the fuck out.  This show is not better than Cypress lol.  Get real.  It's certainly legendary, but come on.  One jam-filled show over a 7-hour jam-filled set?  It seems like this is biased towards the kydz who were there, and who weren't old enough to get to Cypress. 

Anyway, this band is unreal right now.  I knew this day would come.  I knew it would.  Despite all the 11-song second sets, 6-minute Ghosts, 3-minute Tubes, ripcorded jams and The Whale, I knew this was still here.  They just needed an excuse to bring it out.

The big question is whether or not they had enough fun to do this at regular shows now.  I should hope they saw the audience response........
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 27, 2017, 11:58:32 AM
What a start to a show.  Best show opening ever? 

07-29-98 says no.

Seriously tho it was awesome.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 27, 2017, 11:58:32 AM
The big question is whether or not they had enough fun to do this at regular shows now.  I should hope they saw the audience response........

Given the band's reaction to these past two nights, I gotta believe the answer is yes. Not every night maybe, but more often than they have been. The monster grin on Trey's face over Page's shoulder as Page was destroying the intro to No Quarter last night warmed my heart.

Gotta be careful tho. Expectations are a helluva dr00g.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.