News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Political Vids/Images

Started by rowjimmy, March 19, 2008, 03:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Quote from: gah on October 16, 2018, 10:28:57 AM
Quote from: ytowndan on October 16, 2018, 10:05:55 AM
AL and TR would be rolling in their graves if he saw that.  (probably Dwight too)

The level of narcissism to have that up in the White House is mind boggling.

lol seriously?  I figured that was some fan art from the interwebz. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

sunrisevt

I mean, I can't even respect it as an expression of aspirational self-love, because the art is so commercial and craven and tacky. And its purpose is so utterly transparent. It's like some brain-damaged, infantile form of narcissi, at best.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

gah

Quote from: ytowndan on October 16, 2018, 11:33:00 AM
Quote from: gah on October 16, 2018, 10:28:57 AM
Quote from: ytowndan on October 16, 2018, 10:05:55 AM
AL and TR would be rolling in their graves if he saw that.  (probably Dwight too)

The level of narcissism to have that up in the White House is mind boggling.

lol seriously?  I figured that was some fan art from the interwebz.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/15/politics/trump-painting-the-republican-club-presidents-white-house/index.html

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sls.stormyrider

The key to stopping minority voter suppression

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

PIE-GUY

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 18, 2018, 10:57:25 AM
Truth bomb...

True and good point.
Check this out, though:

Chinese-owned company qualifies for Trump's anti-China farm bailout
Jeff Stein

A Chinese-owned pork producer is eligible for federal payments under President Trump's $12 billion farm bailout, a program established to help U.S. farmers hurt by Trump's trade war with China.

Smithfield Foods, a Virginia-based pork producer acquired in 2013 by a Chinese conglomerate now named WH Group, can apply for federal money under the bailout program created this summer, said Agriculture Department spokesman Carl E. Purvis.

JBS, a subsidiary of a Brazilian company by the same name, is also eligible to apply for the federal money. The two companies are the biggest pork producers in the United States, according to the National Pork Board, a quasi-government agency.

The Agriculture Department said in August that, as part of a broader bailout, it will buy $1.2 billion of surplus food from farmers for distribution in food banks across the country, including about $560 million in planned pork purchases. The administration has billed the plan as an effort to shield farmers from retaliatory tariffs from China.

But the possibility of money flowing to foreign-owned firms underscores the difficulty of trying to craft government programs that benefit only domestic firms. The international reach of companies makes it hard to ensure that federal dollars stay in U.S. hands, regardless of their intended target.

The bailout program has also angered smaller hog producers, who expressed frustration that it appears likely to help large, international farms that already dominate the U.S. pork market.

"It's just going to help the big boys, like JBS and Smithfield," said Chris Petersen, 63, who owns a few hundred hogs on a farm in north-central Iowa. "I'm very concerned because of the political power and the power of money and big corporations. The taxpayers should be up in arms over this."

More...

source:Washington Post 2018-10-23

PIE-GUY

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

PIE-GUY

gah

^^^ hilarious because it's true!  :clap:

pcr3

They all have blond hair?  That's so....Aryan.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

nab

Katy Tur interviews Fish on ranked voting.

Buffalo Budd

Poor Fish couldn't figure out where he was supposed to look for the camera.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

peep the tie!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard