News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Best/Favourite Contact funk

Started by mattstick, November 25, 2014, 09:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Listening to that "All About the Bass" song today I realized it's basically Contact.

Then I started listening to random versions of Contact.

So I thought it's been forever since we discussed Phish here, time for a Contact thread...

One that stands out for me was Hampton 03.

Any others?

Augustus

I think there was a 3.0 somewhere that was standout-ish.
I've always loved the segue from DWD > Contact from 06-16-94.
And the jam is pretty funky with Page on the Grand.

mistercharlie

Hampton '03 is my top Contact.

Hampton '09 was pretty sweet also, nothing extraordinary, but still very solid.

The Mexican Love Style version sticks out in my head also. 7-28-98

Also, just realizing that I didn't catch my first Contact until Deer Creek '10!!  :wtu:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

mistercharlie

WTF

Is that middle song a Japanese cover of Contact?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

mattstick

Here's what Phish.net has:

1991-07-15, 1991-07-21, 1994-05-21, 1997-08-16, 1998-07-28, 2003-01-03, 2004-08-09, 2009-03-08, 2013-10-25

Also:

And...

Augustus

Were you wearing the headband last night?

blatboom

yes this is some fiery Mattstick. on the night of 1/3/03 I was convinced it was the greatest Contact ever but that's happened a bunch of times during a bunch of songs on a bunch of drugs but years later it is still my favorite. was also at 6/23/00 gonna check that out now

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: blatboom on November 26, 2014, 07:07:02 PM
on the night of 1/3/03 I was convinced it was the greatest Contact ever but that's happened a bunch of times during a bunch of songs on a bunch of drugs....

That's absurd!  :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

I love 2/9/91...so many good ones. Contact is their most psychedelic song IMO.

jedifunk

without any fact checking i concur with remembering hampton 03 as being funky
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

xanadux3

still chasing Contact after 50 plus shows
and shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite